PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I have collected and smoked pipes for many years now. As I am a solitary person, I do not make much of a fuss about what I do. Whether I'm engaged in business or a new pastime I always remain low key, and I've always preferred it this way. But now that I'm getting older and have experienced my fair share of things passing from this world, I feel the need to be more engaging; especially with people of a uniquely, like mind.
I have come to this site often over the years (not as a member) to see what I could see and to learn what I did not know. I found my favorite tobacco's from watching what most of you smoked, and learned of proper smoking cadence and proper pipe maintenance by reading the wisdom in your posts. Contributors like JimInks taught me much about tabac, and I bought my first bamboo shank pipe from Steve Fallon (Pipestud). I learned that nothing is to be taken too seriously from members like JeyTex969, and I've gained a lot of practical knowledge and insight from members like Sablebrush52, MSO489, Craiginthecorn and Bill Nichols.
But the reason why I'm here (as a member now) is that I've never taken the time to simply say hello; especially to the one person who drew me back to this site time and time again, Fishnbanjo (Sante Giuliani). I am more a collector of pipes than I am a pipe smoker, and seeing Sante's collection of rare and unique pipes always amazed and inspired me. I came back time and time again to see what new creation he would pull from his stable and every time I would research a certain pipe artisan online, Sante would inevitably turn up in my Google feed. He was quite a unique human being in my eyes and he made quite an impression on me, and now he, too, has passed beyond my ability to say hello.
I've experienced my fair share of things passing from this world, and given my nature, I've never been one to take the time to enjoy the mundane act of simply saying hello.
So, here I am..... Hello...and thank you.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
The great piping fly fisherman still reelin' em in from the here-after....
Welcome! (take that seriously)
:nana:
jay-roger.jpg

Reactions: crawdad and mau1

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've gained a lot of practical knowledge and insight from members like Sablebrush52, MSO489, Craiginthecorn and Bill Nichols
Three of our more knowledgeable members, and Bill. ;)
Its always more fun to post and engage rather than just lurk. I'd say welcome, but since you've already been here awhile, welcome back.

• Haha
Reactions: gamzultovah

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Hello, I was hanging around a while before I interacted much. I'm still relatively new. Learning tons. Love the respectful discourse of this sight. No politics, no shouting people down, no attacks. People sharing ideas about something we all enjoy in common. It's a nice place.
Jason

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello, I was hanging around a while before I interacted much. I'm still relatively new. Learning tons. Love the respectful discourse of this sight. No politics, no shouting people down, no attacks. People sharing ideas about something we all enjoy in common. It's a nice place
In the upcoming redesign, the forum will have an ignore button, but I daresay it will hardly ever be used.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Great post, Gamzul. I can relate to all you have said and look forward to your future contributions. And about Jaytex969...at times he channels Yoda in his own special way :)

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Hello again, and thank you all for your warm welcome. I plan to be more active when the new platform is up and running and the picture function is easier to use. I have collected quite a few interesting briars over the years that I'd like to share, and have many questions that I'd like to ask. And maybe, with some luck, I will even draw out the Yoda in Jaytex969 ;)
It's good to be here.

Reactions: mau1

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
gam', thank you for the shout-out and welcome aboard from central N.C. where we are enjoying 90 degree plus weather in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.