PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

conch

Lurker
Apr 21, 2019
Hello, I enjoy reading about Kaywoodie pipes and those who collect them. Specifically the "carved heads".

I am carver Harry Visco's grandson and might clear some things for collectors.

There were other shapes carved then the ones I have read about. There is the Bison, Alligator, Bear, and Indian to mention a few. I spent many hours after school at the factory in the 1950s after school waiting for my grandfather to get off work. His brother and my father worked there also for a while. After retiring and moving to the seashore my grandfather painted sailing ships, and taught some art classes. He was always carving things for us grandchildren and I think we all have large collections of his work.
Nice to write about him. I will try to take some pictures of my pipes passed to me.

kwguy

Lurker
Nov 23, 2016
New Windsor, NY
My father knew your grandfather. They worked together at the West New York factory. I’d be very interested in seeing pictures of your collection especially the non standard carved pieces. My father told me there was another carver of the figural pieces, Andre Ware. Did your grandfather ever mention him?

Status
Not open for further replies.