Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbles

Lurker
Jun 6, 2019
Warmest Greetings from sunny Singapore (yes we have no winters)! This is a really great forum on the forgotten art of piping in my country. Smoking is generally banned in all buildings, public Parks and sheltered places here. It’s really lonely if you are a smoker, more so a pipe smoker. Cigarette cost US$10/pack due to v.high taxes, and we have like only a 3 shops selling pipe tobacco in the whole country. And yes there is no pipe cravers, shows or conventions here.

In fact I haven’t seen another pipe smoker in the last 30yrs, so this forum really helps me.

On pipes I am a fan of blowfishes from Briarworks and rusticated pokers from Tom Eltang. Cheers![

Oct 7, 2016
There are a couple of Singapore pipe smokers who post regularly on the Facebook group Gentleman’s Pipe Smoking Society.

jfred

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Welcome!

I visited Singapore just one month ago, and actually found a great little pipe shop. Brought home a couple of beautiful pipes, but didn't dare smoking them there… :D

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Welcome aboard mumbles. Hope you can find some fellow Singaporean pipers to commiserate with here in the forums. I know you'll enjoy it!

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Hello from Alberta, Canada. We have 8 months of winter, $15 smokes, $50 for tins of pipe tobacco, and no smoking in public parks, or within 10 meters of public doors or windows. Enjoy your warm weather! :wink:

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Hello from Indonesia. Please do come to Indonesia for a more pleasant smoking experiences. :puffpipe:

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
WELCOME ABOARD.I REMEMBER SEMBAWANG AND YISHOON(WRONG SPELLING?)FROM A FEW YEARS AGO WHILE OUT ON THE JOB......NICE BEER GARDENS,

THEY HAVE BEER BRANDS I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY WHERE ELSE.....ALL SERVED UP IN THOSE BIG,METAL BUCKETS. ANY HOW,WELCOME FROM Virginia Beach

mumbles

Lurker
Jun 6, 2019
Yes drinks in Singapore are also very heavily taxed. A bottle of Macallan 12yrs cost US$250 at most pubs. Drinking in public (non-restaurants) are limited till 1030pm. But smoking is the worst .. only 10% of the seats are smoking designated... and I haven’t seen PIpe smoking ever! It’s a lovely city but not if you enjoy drinks and smokes... both which I mostly do at home now. Thanks again for the Warm Welcomes! Finally found my lost tribe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.