PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
so i've been pipe smoking for about two months now. started smoking cigarette when i was 12. quit that with help of vape about 3-4 yrs ago. but did occasionally smoked marlboro red here and there. maybe a pack every 6-8 months when i had that nic craving vape couldn't fix. then i noticed that i really don't like cigarette. i couldn't work out after smoking. so i tried pipe and didn't inhale. gave me the nic fix, and i can still work out. tho, more than 2 bowls will give nic jitters. so, vape during the day when i need quick fix, and pipe when i have 30-60 min to kill. been trying different blends and there are so many more i want to try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
bullet08, welcome aboard. A number of North Carolinians here, including me. There's a pipe show in April, TAPS pipe show at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh, that may interest you. 'Sounds like you've had quite a struggle with 'baccy. I think pipes are a good choice, especially if you can stick with this, and moderate it some as well. This is a good group, from all over the country and the globe, with some amazing expertise on pipes, tobacco, carving, restoration, pipe history, and many related subjects.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Welcome from another NC native here. Definitely check out the TAPS show, it was well worth the drive for me last year just to look around and enjoy all the fine pipes and tobacco on display.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome, bullet! Glad to have you here! Where'bouts in the tarheel are you? I'm across the border in the palmetto state, Piedmont division. I think you'll enjoy yourself here; lots of good Carolinas people on the forums!
Bill

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome bullet! Another fine, upstanding North Carolinian here. I'm up about Raleigh way. I'm looking forward to the TAPS pipe show, and from what I hear, we're going to have another nice one this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.