PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBragg

Lurker
Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles
Neither, I'm sorry to say. I'm an animal trainer. I work with various dogs, cats, mice, tazmanian devils, roosters, tweety birds, the occasional wabbit, and a smart ass duck. The studio likes to glamorize it by calling it art direction or color supervision but I know better.

I see. Don't turn you back on that Tazmanian Devil. I learned about those things watching Merrie Melodies as a kid. Learned about smart assed ducks and rabbits too. Especially that rabbit, watch dat swekwy wabbit!!!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Welcome from SE Georgia! I am one of the lucky escapee’s from your state. I am now free to smoke my under taxed tobacco, own my firearms and put on my big boy pants (just giving you a hard time). But welcome sir!

McBragg

Lurker
Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles
Welcome from central N.C. All I see of California lately are TV news segments of flaming landscapes. I was home-ported at Long Beach back when it was a big naval port. Now I understand it is mostly a maritime port mainly for traffic from China. Stay safe, and I hope the only fire you encounter is the ember in your pipe.
Thanks.
Many people don't know what big part the Chinese played on the development of the west coast. They came during the gold rush by the boat load(witty pun). But yes, China everything. And it is one busy harbor.

I got up to use the bathroom a couple weeks ago and looked out my bedroom window and the there was a huge orange line running across the mountains. You can smell fall in southern California, and it smells like burning brush. With urban sprawl, and the sprawl of rural estates, more buildings and homes get taken. Just more costly, I think the same acreage burns. The hills were always on fire when I was a kid. Brush fires move fast, so you have to get out of the way quick. Aside from the harbor and the refineries the coastline is still beautiful out that way.

McBragg

Lurker
Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles
Welcome from SE Georgia! I am one of the lucky escapee’s from your state. I am now free to smoke my under taxed tobacco, own my firearms and put on my big boy pants (just giving you a hard time). But welcome sir!

Thanks, and I get it. I wanted to move to Georgia when I got out of the Army. My best friend lived in Atlanta, Gwinnett County. Came very close, but I ended up back here. It really starts making good sense to leave here when you retire, with the high income tax. I've done alright here up to now. It's now hard for me to leave all those I know.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Thanks, and I get it. I wanted to move to Georgia when I got out of the Army. My best friend lived in Atlanta, Gwinnett County. Came very close, but I ended up back here. It really starts making good sense to leave here when you retire, with the high income tax. I've done alright here up to now. It's now hard for me to leave all those I know.
Yes sir, fully understand! I grew up there (70’s-80’s) east of Paso Robles off the 101. Joined the Air Force at 17. Got out then did another 8 yrs as an Army contractor with unmanned aircraft.....they sent me right back to Cali lol. Finally got a unit here in GA. My parents still live there, can’t get them to leave either.

Status
Not open for further replies.