PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak2000

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2018
Illinois, USA
alphaprimecomm.com
Figured I would do an intro post since I've been lurking for a while and have had a few great deals with members here.
My name is Andy and I'm from the Chicago northwest burbs. I'm a small business owner, have a wonderful wife and 2 grown boys. I've been a serious cigar smoker for over 20 years and picked up pipe smoking almost 3 years ago. Still smoke cigars mostly but pipes are coming close.
I've been collecting pipes a bit and have a few vintage GBDs and Savinellis. My favorite pipes are older Italian briars and my favorite tobaccos are C&D Burley Flakes and GH Dark Shags, Ropes, and Flakes.
Thanks for having me!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Always joyful when those who are lurking throw themselves into the throng and get to have their say. I'd say welcome aboard but you've been a part of this for some time. Good to hear from you.
j/B

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
There's a Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club social smoke at what is likely your closest retail tobacconist this coming Saturday, June 15th from 3pm on. Arlington Pipe and Cigar. Come on out and meet some of your fellow forum members and pipe smokers!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome! Glad you came out of the woodwork & became part of the performance crew. :)
Good man, being a fan of old Savs & GBDs; I love 'em too. There's just something in the mixture of known good quality workmanship, good briar & good vibes that makes them some of my favorite go-tos when I want a kick-back smoke watching the sunset. :)
Bill

ak2000

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2018
Illinois, USA
alphaprimecomm.com
@chilllucky thanks for the invite! I'm lucky to live near Arlington, Cigar Lounge, and Cigars and More. I'm also lucky to be celebrating my 24th anniversary this Saturday so obviously have other plans. I'll keep my eye out for future CPCC meetings there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
ak', you got to the right place with Cornell & Diehl and their special way with burley used in many different blends with different other tobaccos. I intercepted them while they were in Morganton, N.C., before they moved to smokingpipes.com in S.C. I grew up in Chicagoland, near-north suburb of Park Ridge, which years ago had a the Park Ridge Pipe Shop, before I took up pipes. Welcome.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks, it is great to see you here. I have been strictly pipes for over a decade now. I don't miss the cigars at all. I get way more different flavors from the pipe. If you need any help pissing away your money for tobacco and pipes, just let me know. I think between Craney and my self, we can keep you busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.