Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

secateurs

Lurker
Feb 24, 2019
Hey everyone. I've been lurking a few months as a reader but I thought it's time I joined the conversation. I started a pipe in '07 or so but put it down for some years. At the time I was mostly smoking Frog Morton blends. Imagine my dismay when I finally picked up the pipe again and found out FM was discontinued 3 months before. Now I'm puffing again and gotta say thanks to all the people here and on youtube who've helped make it a more enjoyable experience. I live in northwest Illinois and smoke when I walk the dogs, drive, or just in the evenings as I wind down. Mostly I like a Latakia-forward English blend, but I've been dipping my toes into light aromatics, and even enjoyed a bowl or two of a VaPer. At first it was like smoking cigarettes (and the lady complains that's how it smells), but some good advice from you veterans helped me tease out the sweetness and subtlety. Thanks!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. I grew up in Chicagoland, a suburb within walking distance of the Chicago bus system with transfers to the subway and "L", and a few blocks from the railroad commuter line. After kicking around in school and the Navy -- Missouri, California, the South China Sea, Midway Island, Milwaukee, and Greensboro, N.C. -- I've been in Raleigh since 1975.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from McHenry county. The Chicago Pipe Show in St. Charles will be here soon...early May. You should try to attend.

secateurs

Lurker
Feb 24, 2019
I have heard about the Pipe Show, and may be able to make it. I'm about a half hour west of Rockford, but I did live for a decade in Chicago and have plenty of friends in town. May not be able to regularly make to Chicago, but a few times a year for special occasions is well within my reach. I do hope to make the Pipe Show, but I can't commit just yet.

secateurs

Lurker
Feb 24, 2019
3rdguy, I live in Freeport. Moved there about a year ago from northeast Iowa. Go through Galena pretty regularly visiting Iowa though.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Welcome from nc i went to Illinois once i think it was elgin was like 10 golf courses around the hotel. Hotel i stayed at had a recreation of bourbon st. Inside have to say was a great week and could buy liquor at target i think it was good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.