PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hello Everyone,
New pipe smoker living outside Palmer, Alaska just introducing myself. Been a cigar guy for a decade or so, made the switch to Piping about 2 months ago. This site has been an invaluable resource since I have started smoking a pipe. Just wanted to say hello to everybody and thank you all for your sage advice and blend/pipe recommendations over the last couple months. I have utilized it so often I decided I better join up.
So far I have learned that I am a big fan of English blends and Va/VaPers. Loving Seattle Pipe Club, Pease Maltese, Esoterica Dunbar, Capstan, Nightcap, Ashton Artisan's, and much more so far. And yes, even the occasional aromatic (Eileen's Dream and Nording Labrador as well as some local blends my fav's so far) Recently I Managed to get my hands on some Rattray's Old Gowrie that I am planning on loading up tomorrow to celebrate my wife and I's new baby daughter being 3 weeks old! Can't wait!
I am also already hard on the Savinelli and Peterson bandwagon when it comes to pipes, although I did pick up a Nording Freehand I am looking forward to sparking on special occasions as well.
I am also a craft beer brewer/enthusiast as well as a whiskey buff, hockey fan, and fishing and hunting maniac.
And to follow the rules of the requested post information my favorite color is green, and I have not had the pleasure (or displeasure?) of sampling mixture 79 as of yet :)
I look forward to interacting with you all going forward! And thanks again for all your contributions to what has become a great resource!
Cheers and happy piping!
Frank

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Welcome and congrats on the baby girl. I have a baby girl, she’s 2 and a half years old now but she is by and far the best thing that’s ever happened to me, her lil blue eyes have certainly stolen my heart, words just can’t describe it. Also, you have really great taste in tobacco, especially for just starting out!

bogfire

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2019
Welcome from Nova Scotia Canada. I have some Alaskan connection, My Mom was born in Nome and my Grandfather in the Seward Peninsula area. I too have become a Peterson convert and just finished my first tin of Capstan.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
bogfire.....awesome! I have always wanted to visit Novia Scotia, it seems like a very unique part of Canada (Or as we like to call you, our friendly neighbors to the south :D I have some friends who were born and raised in Nome as well. The Seward Peninsula would have been a heck of a place to grow up in your Grandfather's day. Probably one of the few places in the world that hasn't changed too much since then.
mikethompson......yeah, I'm managing about one bowl a week at this point, usually with some dirty looks from the wife, but a man has to maintain some semblance of independence.....or at least convince himself that he is doing so :roll:
hawky.....yeah, its pretty amazing how much it changes you. It's like someone flipped a switch. Thanks!

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Welcome from Sweden!
Peterson and Savinelli are excellent choices and so is Charles Bukowski poems.

I've dedicated a bookshelf to his authorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.