PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

llewellyn

Lurker
Jun 5, 2019
Hello everyone! I'm almost 72, gave up smoking cigarettes finally last December and in April decided to locate my old Kaywoodie and give it another go using Captain Black regular because I always loved the taste and smell but couldn't put up with tongue bite. Having read several articles and watched several videos I finally got the hang of avoiding the bite. I think my previous mistake was smoking a pipe like a cigarette, big draws, lots of smoke yes but lots of heat. Learned the sipping method, very great improvement and it didnt go out like it used to because I also had learned how to fill the pipe. Okay so much for the pipe credentials!
I'm a retired teacher of Craft, Design and Technology and if thats meaningless to you, substitute 'shop'. My main occupations are writing and painting, dog walking and every so often model making, RC aircraft crashing and Lionel trains. I love toy trains but do not take them seriously, I play with them for fun. I used to be a computer nerd, still am in a sense since I'm a Sinclair Spectrum fan (ancient 8 bit English home micro).
I think thats about it really for a brief introduction.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome to the site! RC aircraft crashing is better than actual aircraft crashing! I can tell you first hand! haha.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like an interesting career, and a wide range of interests in general. Welcome from N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.