PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winskipipes

Lurker
Oct 6, 2019
Hey there!! Just a newer pipe smoker who has recently fallen in love with this hobby!! I'm an occasional cigar smoker but now am a daily pipe smoker!!! I prefer a good virginia blend out of my rusticated Piazza Di Spagna 111 KS. I cant wait to really delve into the forums here!!!4240

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C. from someone who grew up in Chicagoland -- folks from Winnetka and Highland Park, and I grew up in Park Ridge which used to have one of the best pipe shops in the 'burbs, Park Ridge Pipe Shop, back in the 60's.

Winskipipes

Lurker
Oct 6, 2019
That's awesome!!! I work in the north shore alot I'll have to look up if there are any B&Ms still there!!!

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Welcome to the Forums, Winskipipes!
And, you are welcome to join with the folk of the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club for a Social Smoke, on Saturday, October 12th, starting at 1PM, at the Arlington Pipe and Cigar Lounge, in Arlington Heights, IL. Bring your pipe, and try whatever tobacco the guys brought to share.
Our next CPCC meeting is on Saturday, October 26th, at 8 To 8 Cigars, in Villa Park, IL. The meeting starts at about 7PM, but folk get there earlier, usually between 5 and 6PM. (Dues are $10, but you get 3 chances to win gift cards from the shop, and, this meeting is our annual Pizza Meeting, so come hungry.)
Hope to see you there.
Dino, from the far North Side

Reactions: ron123 and hsnzz

hsnzz

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2018
chicagopipeclub.com
Hello and Welcome from Downers Grove! As Dino mentioned, it’s worth making it to the Chicago pipe club meeting - it’s a great way to meet other people in the hobby.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Welcome! I'm in Sugar Grove, west of Aurora, and also a CPCC (Chicagoland Pipe Collectors club) member. We also have smaller meetups throughout the month at various shops, including Arlington Pipe and Cigar, A Cuban Experience in Waukegan, Iwan Ries, and occasionally, La Vita in St. Charles.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
By the way, Chicagoland people, Iwan Ries just sent me an email about their 10-30% discount fall sale. This used to be in September, but they are doing it this month instead, if anyone wants to check it out online or, for you in the area, in person. Now get this for family history -- my great grandfather on my dad's side was the first mayor of the lakeshore suburb of Highland Park, where my dad's home place was about four blocks from the lake (Lake Michigan). My younger sister moved back there, but further from the lake. The home place is long gone.

Reactions: Elric

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Welcome aboard from central N.C. from someone who grew up in Chicagoland -- folks from Winnetka and Highland Park, and I grew up in Park Ridge which used to have one of the best pipe shops in the 'burbs, Park Ridge Pipe Shop, back in the 60's.

I remember that shop! By the time I found it in the 90's, it was a hole in the wall with very little for sale. A shame it went down hill like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.