PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Folks:
I watched the final, series ending episode of one of my favorite TV shows this evening, Hell on Wheels.
I've spent the last six years thoroughly enjoying watching this talented group of actors, writers, lensman, directors, etc. build the Transcontinental railroad across the western half of the U.S. - all the while filmed in Canada.
I'm a sucker for well done Westerns and this one hit it out of the park for me. I'm still sad to see them go. But they punched out after one of their very best seasons and that's a fine way to cap a bottle.
BTW, I've always enjoyed Colm Meaney's acting, (He always plays one of those, "You know, that guy!" characters.) and watching him chew up his role as Thomas Durant was an over the top display of his talents.
Here's his IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000538/?ref_=tt_cl_t2 Recognize him now?
Cheers,
Fnord

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My wife and I loved this series! One of the better western shows we've seen, and the characters, along with the actors that played them were amazing.
Been watching Colm Meaney ever since I saw him in "The Commitments" many years ago. A very versatile actor indeed.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I don't seem to watch tv that much anymore but, I'm a sucker for a good western, as well. I've really enjoyed this series.

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
I loved Durant's final soliloquy, and I thought they nailed the ending.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I'm going to be quiet, Al. But this series ended well.
Here's a few articles with some serious spoilers.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/hell-on-wheels-series-finale-1478296128798774.html
And for God's sake read the 'zebra" speech here from, I believe, Season One: http://www.cowboysindians.com/2016/07/hell-on-wheels-the-final-season-done-episode-514/
Meany rocked it. Mount is somebody to watch and I'll gladly wait for the Blu-rays.
Fnord

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
THANK YOU FNORD!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Upon reading this post, I re-read it to my wife yesterday, who has been a western fan since forever and we are able to get this on Netflix. We were looking for a new series to binge out on and this fit the bill! We watched the pilot and S1:E2 last night and weren't disappointed. I was immediately impressed by details... proper vintage fire-arms and a host of other things. And Colm Meaney's introductory speech to the room full of fat-cat potential investors and potential victims was one of the best renderings of the 19th century mindset and style of public oratory that I've ever seen! Thanks again! Kudos!!

:puffy: jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.