PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
After my latest attempt at buying estate pipes didn't turn out so well I rolled the dice on three from Germany. Described as leftover inventory from a closed factory circa 1960's.I bid on three pipes and won all three. When I asked for the story/history on these he replied; "No story, these are Heibe pipes from 1960s, factory has closed". A couple of fills in the chimney but overall nice old pipes.
heibe-threesome-1960s-600x337.jpg

heibe-rusticated-600x337.jpg

heibe-chimney-600x337.jpg

heibe-600x337.jpg

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
They seem like nice enough pipes for what little I paid ($30.00).I haven't tried them yet. I have several older unsmoked estates that I can't bring myself to fire up for the first time. I looked for info on them, but didn't find much.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
davet, it could be you're in for a big (good) surprise. These may be much better than "nice enough," with German precision, and all that age on the briars, and those nice traditional shapes. And three for thirty bucks! Let us know how they smoke, but I'm betting they're headed toward the front of your rotation.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I have had a very good experience with buying 3 pipes at a time, particularly when the photos are not just right and the descriptions off. I paid $80 for 3 pipes about 6 months ago: a rusticated Dublin Mastro de Paya, a Preben Holm smooth with lovely grain, and a no name straight, smooth Dublin. All 3 cleaned up to nearly new condition with no bite marks and no chips in the briar. The first 2 are great smokers (not tried the third). All were at least misspelled in the description so someone searching for a particular pipe would not have found them. A great buy! Davet, you may be pleasantly surprised with your haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.