PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehitch

Lurker
Sep 11, 2019
Noswaith dda!
I've recently started on pipes after years of the occasional cigar. I'm from Monmouthshire, a county in the south east corner of Wales, in the UK.

I started on a Dr. Plumb bent apple pipe a couple of months ago:(https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/syst...e/Dr_Plumbs_Bent_Apple_Briar_Smoking_Pipe.jpg)

I also turned a significant age this year and was bought a Peterson D6 churchwarden to commiserate:
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-d81...FT_left__31633.1415899465.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

So far I've only tried a couple of Charatan baccies and Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice. Looking forward to exploring the world of pipes over the coming years...

Reactions: dmcmtk

hsnzz

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2018
chicagopipeclub.com
Welcome to the forums! You've picked up some nice looking pipes! I am curious, how are the tobacco shops in your neck of the woods? Do you go to B&M shops or purchase online?

thehitch

Lurker
Sep 11, 2019
Thanks all for the welcome!

Welcome to the forums! You've picked up some nice looking pipes! I am curious, how are the tobacco shops in your neck of the woods? Do you go to B&M shops or purchase online?

Both Bristol and Cardiff have B&M tobacconists - I got my pipe and some 'starter' recommendations from Birds of Baldwin Street in Bristol as I used to work just across the road from them. Talk about temptation!

I've started using GQ Tobaccos - an online UK shop - as the selection is a bit better.

Reactions: hsnzz

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
So, how was my effort in my last post?

I used an English to Welsh translator to attempt saying, "I like sex with baked goods."

I suspect it didn't come out as planned due to my ignorance of Welsh syntax.

Was it anywhere close? Does it say ANYTHING?

Status
Not open for further replies.