PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Tin: When I first smoked this tobacco, popped the top and peeled the tin open, my mind instantly went back about twelve years to a fire in the Suisun California marsh. The leaf cut isn't super long, just a bit larger than most RYO tobaccos. It's a little on the dry side, but still springy. The pieces aren't quite thoroughly even, telling you that this was blended by hand, with care, and not a factory. Mostly dark and brown, with the occasional light tan. Each piece has it's own personality.
In the pipe: Packing isn't too free, nor super tight. A flameless taste test provides a subtle hint of barbecue sauce, and an even more subtle hint of leather. When inhaled through the nose, I experience a strong sense of pepper, as well as a campfire. Upon retrohale I get a similar sense, but a little more soft. The smoke is thick, and prominent. Every now and then, I get a slight taste of coffee in the mouth. This might go nicely with a cup of coffee that doesn't have a lot of sugar or creamer added to it. I also notice the occasional hint of licorice.
Room note: After stepping outside for a bit, I come back and a soft aroma of a burning woodstove is lingering.
Side notes: Nearly perfect, consistent smoke, minus a seldom, (yet nice) surprise. Takes a few relights, but starts up right away after each one. This bowl lasted approximately forty five minutes, to an hour, in a Sitting Savinelli 920.

I first smoked this blend right out of the tin, before placing it in a jar.

Over the course of ten weeks, I smoked about twenty or thirty additional bowls of this blend, before writing this review.

I hope that you find this review informative, and helpful. Thanks for reading!

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Nice review! I'm always fascinated to hear how people like different tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.