PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch65

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2012
pylorns, you definitely should check out Uptowns smoke shop in Green Hills, just West of the downtown area. They have a nice selection of high grade pipes, as well as a well stocked humidor, and plenty of quality leather to rest your bones.
Here's the link- http://www.uptowns.com/

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Don't miss the Country Music Hall of fame, it was excellent.

Broadway is where all the honky-tonks are lined up.

Third Man Records is quirky cool and a few minutes from the Hall and downtown.(Jack White's studio)

Demonbrauen Street was supposed to be good for music, but we weren't impressed.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Check out the Nashville Parthenon, it's a full size recreation of the original in Greece, quite striking and rather odd in central Tennessee.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's not a pipe stop, but last time I was in Nashville, I was put up (for business) at the Opryland hotel. I don't know how it weathered the flood some years ago, but when I was there, it was a sort of spectacle. It's worth a look, though I don't suggest you stay there. It had an artificial river in the basement level with boats that would take you on a Disney World style cruise through an artificial rain forest. It's worth an hour, if you have it, and near the new Grand Ole Opry auditorium, not the old church where the Opry started. Also, I think it's Martins guitars has a workshop in that neighborhood that's worth seeing if you are in the area. There's probably a more real historical Nashville neighborhood, but I didn't get there. I was a captive in the Opryland tourism area, for business purposes.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The "Mother Church of Country Music", the Ryman Theatre would be a must see to me. If you are there for Friday night you might get a local to tell about the cool out of the way places where all kinds f top tier musicians drop in to play unannounced.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
So far I've done:

Uptowns Smoke Shop (great selection of tobacco, high grade pipes)

Smokers Abbey (really chill, younger atmosphere, some custom blends, not much on the pipes but a bit more warming atmosphere)

Country Music Hall of Fame

Nashville Octoberfest

Hattie B's hot Chicken (it's a thing in Nashville)
Tomorrow I'm off to tour briarworks.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Uptowns Smoke Shop (great selection of tobacco, high grade pipes)

Smokers Abbey (really chill, younger atmosphere, some custom blends, not much on the pipes but a bit more warming atmosphere)

Country Music Hall of Fame

Nashville Octoberfest

Hattie B's hot Chicken (it's a thing in Nashville)
Tomorrow I'm off to tour briarworks.
Great list...
If you love giant all you can eat breakfasts go to monnel's (they have several locations)

If you like beer go to one of the breweries, I recommend Yazoo and Jackalope

If you like coffee go to red bicycle, krema, or the well

Status
Not open for further replies.