PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Ran across a tip about twisting PS Luxury Twist and PS Luxury Navy Flake together to create a smooth complex smoke. I normally haven't had luck trying to mix blends together. I find that what you end up with is trash. Not the case with theses two tobaccos at all. I like both of these flakes separately, but decided what the hell I'll try it. The navy flake really smooths out the butterscotch casing on the Twist flake. Giving the the cavendished Virginias more complexity. I believe the rum on the navy flake is heightened by this technique and the perique takes on a different character as well. I only have one more flake of luxury twist, so I will have only one more try with it to nail down the flavors. I don't think I will buy more of the lux. Twist because I'd rather have The Navy flake for its strength. But if you want to try something different and you have both of these flakes in your cellar, definitely give it a try. It won't become trash in your pipe and it's a nice change of pace. Who knows after another bowl, I may change my mind and get some more luxury twist to twist with my supply of Ps Navy Flake. :puffpipe:

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Luxury Twist Flake is a blend I found about a month ago when you first posted this thread perdurabo. It is now one of my favorites to get back to basic Virginia's. Very much like the haylike taste and its mellow no burn easy to keep going qualities. At first I liked the PS Navy Flake better but have since found the Twist fills that void better. THe void for me is those between Latakia blends. Escudo Navy Deluxe is another Va/Per you may like if you haven't tried it. A little more moist that the PS. I have yet to age either, I keep smoking them up. LOL

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
That last flake of Luxury Twist didn't get blended with the Luxury Navy. I sat back and enjoyed the rest by itself. I don't know if I'll get more of the Luxury Twist, but it is great to fill the void, Hawke. I have some Escudo aging and like it better than any of the PS Luxury Flakes. Hawke, if you like PsLT, I think you would like Orlik Racing Green. It has a lite citrusy custard quava/like topping that reminds me of PS LT. It's a great void filler.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
I mix the LNF and the LTF for a change. I also mix the LBF with either the LNF or the LTF. Each combo has it own flavor profile and are enjoyable.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I'm a big fan of both of those blends but have not tried them together. Sounds like I need to give it a go. :puffy:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Ok everyone, this method of smoking LNTF and LNF together in a twist flake is called the Cosmic Twist. And yes, it's a luxury. Thanks Cosmic.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've only had the LBF before. It was ok. How does the LTWF compare to something like Dunhill flake. Are they similar?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Luxury Twist has a butterscotch topping, it's a crowd pleaser. Cosmic Twist changes it for the better.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Wow coconut, never expected that. I've heard vanilla etc. Butterscotch comes to mind. Who woulda thought it?

Status
Not open for further replies.