Have You Ever Had a Pipe Blend That Made You Feel Slightly Ill?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
9 Fresh Radice Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something with me and Dunhill Royal Yacht. Every time I try to smoke it straight, something happens

• If I am not careful - tongue burn
  • My throat itches after a full bowl
  • One time I smoked it very slowly - making sure it does not get to my throat. After I smoked the full bowl, I had symptoms of acid reflux, and a weird feeling
On the flip side ... a tiny amount added to black XX Twist really helps bring out the sweetness in that Dark Stoved VA

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I got the shakes and queasy stomach from Haddos early on, sipping it now and loving it. Law of diminishing returns ;)

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I don't know about slightly but I've had several that made me noticably I'll.

A full meal beforehand usually solves the problem though.

Reactions: anotherbob

Corto Waltese

Lurker
Oct 14, 2019
Kajun Kake. I loved the taste, and I loved the smell, but even with a full stomach it did me in. I guess it’s not a beginner’s smoke. One of the Mac Baren blends also did me in (Navy Flake IIRC).

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
Too much G. L. Pease JackKnife Plug once. Had to take it sitting down there was so much spinning lol.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Even with a 9mm charcoal filter I still can't get thru a full bowl of Old Joe Krantz without getting slightly ill and woozy. About half a bowl is all I care to smoke.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Boswell Cherry Smash — "Cherry Smash has the power to stir memories of moments lost in time. Blend of Cavendish Tobacco flavored with a rich cherry mixture... Full aromatic, medium to full bodied yet gentle. One of J.M.’s first masterful blends 38 years ago. While smoking the cherry aroma gives way to an agreeable, light tobacco flavor. Burns easily to the end."

Uh, yeah... I don't think so. This tobacco has created a terrible memory for me and caused me to loose an entire night of time! I received this tobacco as part of the starter package that came with my new Boswell pipe. The pipe is beautiful and a wonderful example of fine pipe craftsmanship, but the Boswell Cherry Smash tobacco was horrible really did a number on me. I was only able to smoke it for a few minutes before I had to dump the bowl, brush my teeth, take a shower, gargle with Bourbon, have some snacks and a little beer to further wash out my mouth, pop two Ibuprofen, and finally lay down. This all occurred last night and I'm still not feeling great. I don't know what it was about the Boswell Cherry Smash tobacco, but my body seemed to instantly reject it. This is the first of 15 or more tobacco blends that I have had to dump and had such an obvious affect on me. I don't dislike aromatics (Lane Limited BCA has quickly become a favorite for session smoking), but I much prefer non-flavored English, VaPer, and Balkan blends (I haven't delved into Burley tobacco too much yet, but have some on the way to try). I don't think I will ever forget this horrible experience with Boswell Cherry Smash!

alexander87

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2017
Boswell Cherry Smash — "Cherry Smash has the power to stir memories of moments lost in time. Blend of Cavendish Tobacco flavored with a rich cherry mixture... Full aromatic, medium to full bodied yet gentle. One of J.M.’s first masterful blends 38 years ago. While smoking the cherry aroma gives way to an agreeable, light tobacco flavor. Burns easily to the end."

Uh, yeah... I don't think so. This tobacco has created a terrible memory for me and caused me to loose an entire night of time! I received this tobacco as part of the starter package that came with my new Boswell pipe. The pipe is beautiful and a wonderful example of fine pipe craftsmanship, but the Boswell Cherry Smash tobacco was horrible really did a number on me. I was only able to smoke it for a few minutes before I had to dump the bowl, brush my teeth, take a shower, gargle with Bourbon, have some snacks and a little beer to further wash out my mouth, pop two Ibuprofen, and finally lay down. This all occurred last night and I'm still not feeling great. I don't know what it was about the Boswell Cherry Smash tobacco, but my body seemed to instantly reject it. This is the first of 15 or more tobacco blends that I have had to dump and had such an obvious affect on me. I don't dislike aromatics (Lane Limited BCA has quickly become a favorite for session smoking), but I much prefer non-flavored English, VaPer, and Balkan blends (I haven't delved into Burley tobacco too much yet, but have some on the way to try). I don't think I will ever forget this horrible experience with Boswell Cherry Smash!
It's not high in nicotine is it? It was the topping?

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I puffed Autumn Evening waaaaaay to fast one night and I had to grab the grass to keep from falling off planet Earth. Spin city! Empty stomach and an aggressive nicotine hit did me in. I'd bet that's what happened to you, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.