PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
A lot of people would consider Haunted Bookshop a Hand Blended tobacco. Same goes for blends like Old Joe Krantz and Bayou Morning, two of my other favorites. The difference is that I find remnants of full flakes in Haunted Bookshop, and not in the other two. Why would C&D not offer Haunted Bookshop in it's original flake form? I would think it might long term age better. Some people also like the versatility of a flake, because they can decide how to prepare it. C&D, are you out there? Give me Haunted Bookshop Flake please! :lol:
img_9994-600x600.jpg

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Would be interesting. Especially when something like Star of the East seems so much better in flake vs the ribbon version.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Whiteburleydude wrote: The difference is that I find remnants of full flakes in Haunted Bookshop, and not in the other two. Why would C&D not offer Haunted Bookshop in it's original flake form?
Most likely one of the blending components--the Burley or VA--start in flake form. Hence why you see pieces of flake in the blend. I'm almost certain the blend itself does not originate as a flake when it is manufactured.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Have you tried C&D's Burley Flakes? Their BF #1 could be the answer to your taste bud's desire for a HB flake.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
Very true. I've only smoked #3, it's more Kentucky forward, which I like, just not all day. I should pick up a tin of #1 and #2.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's strange. Doesn't seem like an obvious match with any of the components of HB, but maybe it's some well aged VA? Or something from a different flake altogether?
Burley Flake #1 is a good, strong burley/VA flake, but to me Burley Flake #2 is closer to HB. Both are a good bit richer than HB itself, so if that's what you're looking for, those are good choices.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I’ve seen some flakes show up in bulk purchases of HB. Burley Flake 1 is supposedly close to HB, looking for an HB Flake, try that one.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I once got a tin of Burley Flake #2 and there was about a 1-inch chunk in there, essentially a chunk of plug -- would love to be able to buy the Burley Flake series as plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.