Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
It has been a long time since I have called Cornell and Diehl and placed an order. I was looking over their website and decided that I wanted to stock up on some bulk tobaccos and round out my cellar, so I called and placed an order for a sampler pack. I talked with Chris who has been very helpful in the past and who is an extremely nice man. I had made a list of 4 English tobaccos that I knew I wanted, but I wanted to ask him for more info on my last pick in the sampler pack because there were two blends that I was really torn between. I told Chris that I was torn between two different blends, and not only did he give me extremely in depth breakdowns of both blends, he offered to give me a sample of an extra blend at no extra charge, giving me six tobaccos instead of the standard five for the sampler pack. I just wanted to say that I am extremely grateful for what Chris did for me and to say thanks to the fine folks over at Cornell and Diehl!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
That's really cool! I usually know what I want when I place an order and just click, click click.

But I have had a question or two and have balked at calling. I'll have to do that soon. Good for

you Novelist!

You broke the ice... Dang I hate calling anyone!!!

(Spent 40 minutes on-hold with the IRS this morning... Hung up and typed them a note... I'd just as

soon take the interest and penalty!)
TopD

Jul 15, 2011
I suppose that I should also mention, here are the blends that I got in the sampler pack:
Habana Daydreams

Red Odessa

Orient Express

Engine 99
Those were the 4 that I knew I wanted, and I was torn between Yale Mixture and Mountain Camp. Chris was nice enough to throw in both for me.

Jul 15, 2011
Ill be posting a series of reviews as soon as I get my baccy in the mail. I am looking forward to trying all these blends as they all sound delicious. The Habana Daydreams is only the second blend I will have tried that has cigar leaf in it.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
thats what i call customer service! that was really good of them. let us know how the Habana Daydreams is, i may add it to my next order.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
No only are they good folks from a customer service standpoint, but they support PipesMagazine.com and are active in the area of legislation and smokers' rights. And oh ya, they put together some great blends.

Jul 15, 2011
let us know how the Habana Daydreams is, i may add it to my next order.
That is probably going to be the first blend that I try once I get the sampler. Sounds pretty yummy, if you ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.