PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I received an email, the subject line read.
“REVERSE LOST BRAIN CELLS.”
The email was from some brain Doctor. After I read it, I thought. “Why would that Doctor send me that email. Does he think I’m a candidate for whatever he’s selling?”
I mean, I’m no Einstein, but I think I’m smart enough to ask the question. “How the hell does a person lose brain cells?” Brain cells can’t just fall out of our heads. Unless maybe we lose them through our ears. I guess that’s a possibility though. And a person wouldn’t know if they had brain cell leakage because the cells are too small to see with the naked eye. I learned that in Biology class. Nor did the Doctor in the email say how we lose brain cells.
His email said that there’s a new product he developed ,and if you drink it twice every day, your lost brain cells will be replaced by new ones.
Ya right! “I’m not falling for that one.” I told my wife.
“Good.” She said. “Remember when you bought that herbal tea that was supposed to increase libido…and then we ended up rushing you to the emergency room?”
“That wasn’t my fault.” I told her. “The instructions stating “drink just one cup in a 24 hour period” should have been more specific. And besides, the 4 cups I drank that day tasted really good. They should make that stuff taste awful so people don’t want to drink more than one cup.”
Lost brain cells formula. What’a scam!
BTW, has anyone else received this email?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
We can all think of things that hasten the death/removal of brain cells. Ear plugs are a good idea, also not sleeping on one's side helps retard the loss, no doubt.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
There is several conditions that are caused when Brain cells die.My mother died from Parkinsons.We were told today in fact that my wife's mother has this condition.She's hearing voices that aren't there.She's also losing her ability to reason.She's almost 93 We wonder how much longer she will know us.The doctor said at best he could slow it down if that...That email sounds like a scam...There is no cure...We don't lose brain cells they just die.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I believe I read somewhere that the smoking of Latakia contributes hugely to the loss of brain cells whereas smoking FVF has the opposite effect. Quite remarkable really :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I believe I read somewhere that the smoking of Latakia contributes hugely to the loss of brain cells whereas smoking FVF has the opposite effect. Quite remarkable really
Believing you've read a falsity doesn't make it true! Latakia not only enhances brain cells, but increases tolerance for spelling and grammatical mistakes by others. Sea what i meen?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I would be offended if I got an email like that. There's nothing wrong with me.
I would be offended if I got... I would be offended...I would be off... I have all MOST some a few of my brain... thingys...the squishy stuff inside my skull...
I would be offended if I got an e-mail like that. There's nothing wrong with me, wrong with me, wrong with me, wrong with me.
What were we talking about again?

:puffy:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"but increases tolerance for spelling and grammatical mistakes by others."
Of that I am in no doubt which would explain its popularity in certain regions of the world :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Any and all medical claims made in advertising anywhere should be immediately discounted, even if they are from a big well-known pharmaceutical company. When they are being peddled by the person who claims to have developed the remedy, you are almost guaranteed they do nothing or could be harmful. And of course, remain wary of even meds properly prescribed by doctors you trust. Even docs can be, and are, misled. Don't read an ad and go ask your doc for that drug. Let him or her prescribe what they think works, but don't hesitate to ask questions when something is prescribed and any time after you start using it. Improvement in brain and/or sexual function are big come-ons for bogus medications.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Didimod- You got that right; being offended is the 21st C answer to a lot of things.
I've noticed I haven't seen any pump-up pills for sometime. Either my spam filters are working better, or the universe found out I won't buy that stuff!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Any and all medical claims made in advertising anywhere should be immediately discounted, even if they are from a big well-known pharmaceutical company.
I would say especially if they are a big well-known pharmaceutical company.

Status
Not open for further replies.