PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Damn... so sorry to hear it. There are few things as difficult as letting go of a beloved animal companion. I hate that for you!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Not an easy situation to be in. Wishing the best for you and your dear friend. :puffy:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I know what you are going through. After my Father passed, his old dog became too ill and would have had to tolerate many operations for the rest of her days. Due to her age, we decided to put her down before her pain was too much to bear. I buried her in our garden.

Last month, I lost my cat of ten years suddenly and was devastated. I planted an oak tree on his place of rest. A week or two later I bought a briar pipe with a cat standing behind a tree as a remembrance. Lately a neighborhood stray has claimed me and usually appears when I go out to smoke, often with that pipe. I can finally take him to the vet this week to have him checked out so he can join us inside with our roomate's cats before the hardness of winter hits.

My pets have always reminded me of the fragility of life and helped me appreciate every moment for what it is. A fleeting chance at joy, contemplation, love....and someone to enjoy that moment with. I wish you and yours the best.
-Michael

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Just seeing this Michael. I'm sorry your old pal is having issues, but you know best and he'll let you know once the time comes. He seems to be doing ok, even with the cone of shame on.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I've put 3 dogs down and no more for me. Gut wrenching and sad to watch them get to that point. My next bowl in honor of your pup.

Dec 24, 2012
We went through this this summer with one of our dogs. She was 15 and had a good run, but it was especially hard for the kids. I feel for you.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Unfortunately I've been in this same situation several times. I've had to put down 4 dogs and 3 cats over the years. Its never easy as my pets are family. Good luck. "Scamp" will let you know when its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.