PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Today, 8th of March is the International Women's Day. I would like to congratulate our female forum members and all other female family members of our forum users. Happy 8th of March, ladies.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
For some reason, in China the numbers 3 and 8 (san ba) can be used as an insult. That is for everyday of the year except 3/8 it carries a negative tone. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.
Happy Women's Day

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
In Korea, instead of 4 (sa) they use F letter for the 4th floor button. The word "sa" sounds similar to the word death. So you are literally asking the elevator to take you to the death :) Also number 18 (ship pal) can be used as an insult.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Yes happy international women's day. I wouldn't be enjoying this hobby without the support of mine.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
On Wall Street, the bull has a new bronze companion...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-womens-day-usa-idUSKBN16E2M8

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I guess for me everyday is Women's day. My wife keeps me company and smokes a pipe herself. Here she is at the neighbors relaxing around a bonfire. Cheers to all the ladies who support pipe smoking regardless it they smoke or not. :clap:
img_1764-457x600.jpg

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
My wife thinks every day should be Women's Day and I've been trying to measure up to that standard for the last 45 years. Unfortunately without a great deal of success!

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Personally, I can do without the protests, marches and all the women who deliberately took off work today to prove a point. What point? I'm not sure they know. Just more of the usual PC insanity these days. Equal pay? Baloney. Equal pay is a federal law. Just you go and try to violate it. You get paid according to your time served (seniority) and position in the company, not your sex. A lot of people lost a day's work today because those missing people from their jobs shut some things down and affected a lot of innocent people.
Same goes for when the NFL all wear those pink garments in the Fall--- I have nothing for or against women, they fought for equality long ago and that is how I see them-- as equals. When they put forth an International Man's Day or Prostrate Cancer Awareness Month and all kinds of guys take off work in protest matching in the streets and shut things down, and women all wear blue stuff to work in honor of the guys, then we will be getting somewhere finally.
I mean, what is good for the goose should be good for the gander, right?
Women have it pretty OK; just watch a TV show, the father always seems to come behind the mother, the kids, the dog and the goldfish in most shows. It will take all of another 15 minutes before another guy posts here how he has to smoke out in the garage because his wife won't even let him in the house. For once I'd just like equality to really mean equality and leave all this PC feel-good nonsense where it belongs. It has been a long time since suffrage; can we all just move on now with important matters and start really being equals?

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Brad! you kill me but Tom T. Hall said it best
Put another log on the fire

Cook me up some bacon & some beans

And go out to the car & change the tire

Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans

Come on baby you can fill my pipe & then go fetch my slippers

And boil me up another pot of tea

Then put another log on the fire babe