PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well, last Thursday marked the one year anniversary of our little club. What started out as a series of PMs here at the initiation of brdavidson has, under his care and perseverance, turned into a monthly meet up of 8 regulars and another 14 guys who make it if they can. We've raffled off over ten pipes, had our first blending competition, and most importantly have grown into a group of friends.
I'd like to take a second to thank Brian for being the heart of the club. He makes this club happen. We also wouldn't be able to meet or buy quality pipes and tobaccos locally at all without the support of Victory Cigars. It has been a treat to watch the number and quality of tins and pipes increase over the last twelve months as the pipe guys have been hanging out more often. Lastly, we have had wonderful support from Brigham Canada, Briar Blues and Old Dominion. Thanks to everyone who has helped us get off the ground and stay in the air.
We have a few things in the works for the next year. We're looking at hosting a GTA wide Burner & Swap Meet, perhaps in conjunction with the DTTPC, the boys are interested in considering a group commission for a 2014 POTY, and four of us have entered a Brigham Sponsored carving contest. So we keep on puffing.
Here are a couple pics of the loot I took home from the Club Birthday party loot bags.

Happy Puffing
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Ghost, and of course Pat exaggerated, it is definitely be team effort. Without him this wouldn't have flown. And I would definitely agree that some great friendships have developed. Here's to many more anniversaries.
Brian

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Happy Anniversary Lakeshore Smokestacks! Glad to hear everyone had a great time and enjoyed their loot bags. Looks like you all really have a special group and share a lot of camaraderie.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Happy anniversary to my northern brothers. I am so glad to hear that your group is picking up traction and thriving. Here's to many more years of puffing.
Cheers,
Dan

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Wow, you guys have been together for a year already? Happy anniversary/Birthday! I must admit, with a logo, an anniversary blend, and even coffee cups, you guys have got it going on. I really really need to make the drive out there one Thursday.
Shutterbug

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
For sure Shutterbug, I know the traffic sucks from where you are, but we're doing a BBQ at my place in the Spring or early summer that will likely fall on a weekend that might make it easier to attend.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.