PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Happy Independence Day from me too ... from a Brit in England to the good people of our old colonies!
Be safe, whatever you are doing to celebrate.
Mike

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
A great day for Americans! If it wasn't for the Revolution we might all be speaking English... wait a minute.. we do speak English. At least we learned how to spell correctly, words like tire, color and mold.... :)

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
Fourth of July, like Christmas, is always a bit of a sad for me. My family is in the states, and July 4 is our annual family reunion. In the 15 years I've lived in the UK, I've only managed to make it over for one July family reunion. In that time, the majority of the older generation has passed on...I was never able to say a last goodbye in person or go to their funeral.
On a side note, there is a saying in the UK about the UK/US language...it goes "Britain and America are two nations divided by a common language." After 15 years of marriage, my wife and I still come out with phrases that we have to ask the meaning to. She calls mine "Americanisms"!

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Happy Independence day for all our yankee members !!! Enjoy the day off, the bbq and the fireworks !!!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"She calls mine "Americanisms"!"
Paul, you need to get her the Oxford Dictionary Of American English, she might understand you better :puffy:
Yup, happy 4th July to our American cousins.
Regards,
Jay.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Happy Independence Day from your upstairs neighbours :clap:
19701988_10211986759456697_9163238196224858801_n.jpg

No offence meant.Hope you all have a great day

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Happy Fourth to all! To those of the great land of the unwashed, to antipodean types, Canadastan, Mejico, SA, and USA, I hope you have a lovely day. Oh, and youse in Yerp, too!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I got up early to put the flag up on the porch and then went back and slept another hour. Happy 241st. The flag rocks a little but not much breeze. We may go to one of the fireworks shows, although it takes twice as much time to get headed home after the show than it does to get there and see the show. We shall see. At a previous house in the same city, we used to be able to hike up the hill to an adjoining small college campus and watch from the high ground the fireworks about a half mile or less away. What a luxury. Growing up, we could watch it at a downtown park from our backyard so I'm really spoiled. I like fireworks a lot. I dislike the amplified music they often play with it. To me, the percussion of the fireworks IS the music. I just love that. Recorded music is like someone talking in the theater while the play is going on.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
From the frozen tundra of Arizona - wishing a safe and fun filled day to all pipers and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.