PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Happy 4th everyone! Celebrating this day off of work with an American made classic.
20170704_125757.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife is frying up some chicken, "Missouri style" she says, and made some slaw and potato salad. I'm not sure I'll have the gumption to go seeking a view of fireworks after this; we had hot fudge sundaes ... for lunch! The flag is still wafting in the breeze on the porch. I put up some curtains for my wife in her study that look way better than the old venetian blinds. Took me quite a while to thread the rod through those little hemmed sleeves at the top of the curtains; I like the clip-on rings, but this looks way better. Happy Fourth!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Metal Head, my Dad taught me that a bad day at work is better than a good day in the soup line!
I hope you're getting double time. I'm rocking some Slayer for you, Seasons In The Abyss.
About to drop a marinated pork loin on the grill and finally switch from coffee to adult beverages.
No fireworks for me. It's the one thing in the world that has ever caused me a PTSD like experience.
Hanging around drunks with explosives ain't very smart, anyways... :crazy:
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We decided not to go get mired in the traffic though I/we love fireworks, but we had the ambient sound from shows around town, plus some backyard fireworks, and watched the Washington D.C fireworks, and then the big NYC Macy's show on NBC, done by the eighth generation Grucci family of Long Island that does shows all over the world. We've seen the show live, and this one was vast and magnificent. The Grucci family is the primo family in fireworks. This one was about an hour and spellbinding. To top off our Americana evening, we sipped Cokes. I struck the colors (took down the flag) before dark when it started to rain.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@jaytex - thanks! It was a pretty easy shift, and the extra pay will be nice. Heck, I even got a break to enjoy a small petite corona cigar while watching the town go boom and light up the sky.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Today is National Bikini Day!
If you don't have the figure for a bikini, it's also National Apple Turnover Day!
If you don't have time for all that nonsense, it's also National Workaholics Day!
Life's short. Fined SOMETHING to celebrate....
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.