PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
All this talk of Hitler and we're missing the important part...

It's George Takei's birthday!

Happy Birthday George!
Georgetakei.jpg

In all seriousness though I personally feel that it's a silly idea not to legalize marijuana. People would be pleased with the choice and the government (whichever did) would see a new bit of income on the taxation. It's like saying "No! I do not want to be paid to breathe!"

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNjdUmpmJY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBh_hzU-jdI
The C.I.A. & Drugs:
http://ciadrugs.homestead.com/files/
http://www.csun.edu/~hfspc002/news/cia.drug.html

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
It's Sulu!
@ichbinmuede - I'm cool with getting paid to breathe. No taxes and it can never end, deal? No? damn ... but I feel ya.
@brian64 - my video response would be too long, it's called the movie Training Day. There's crooks and double agents in every government, every society, every race, and every country. And there's always collateral damage eventually.
It's sort of like economic theory. All economic theories include greed as a constant.
But wowie wow, if it's not plum obvious that there is/was something nasty pulling the strings of the governments upper eschalon, I don't know what else could convince you.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@zanthal: Yes, I certainly agree that there has always been and always will be a certain amount of "corruption". But I believe the evidence is overwhelming for anyone who cares to truly educate themselves about it, that what has been going on and building for decades is way, way beyond simple corruption. It is the institutionalization of organized crime...and it has reached a staggering, malignant level in both the corporate and governmental sectors (which are really morphed into one now)...and sitting above and running them both is the international banking syndicate. This is why "drugs" will never be legalized...they make too much money off of it. Wall Street would literally collapse without the international drug trade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWCGnhCHRK4
Narcodollars for Beginners:
How the Money Works in the Illicit Drug Trade
http://www.drugwar.com/fittsnarco1.shtm

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Don't see where a drug related discussion belongs on a pipe forum. It skews the reason we all collect here to share our love of pipes and tobacco.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The Reason Hemp Is Illegal
William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst’s grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.
In 1937, DuPont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. DuPont’s Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of DuPont’s business.
Andrew Mellon became Hoover’s Secretary of the Treasury and DuPont’s primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J.Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion-dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: ‘marijuana’ and pushed it into the consciousness of America.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/spl2/reason-hemp-is-illegal.html

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Teamhavok:

Don't see where a drug related discussion belongs on a pipe forum
Because we're a group of people discussing something. Really this thread belongs in 'General Discussion' not 'General Pipe Smoking Discussion' but really there's no reason for us not to talk about it.

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
:D Haha thought this was general discussion sorry still new here and I just kinda wanted to vent after hearing my 14 year old brother say happy pot day I then punched him in his face and left my visit early

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
@brian64: If I'm not mistaken, there is a big difference between hemp and marijuana.

@treeder13: If I have a choice between castration and smoking weed, load up the bong man.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@batdemon: Yes, actually that's the point. "Marijuana" was used as an EXCUSE to make hemp illegal.

meech

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
Wow Treeder bro, that's a bit harsh.. We were all stupid 14 year olds once. My mantra is "Don't hate, educate" So your lil bro is a doper, or a wanna be doper, or he is just sharing what he hears at school.. No need to sock the kid. Talk with him. Ask him why he's pro pot. Explain to him why your not. All you've done is made him sore (both physically and emotionally) and if anything he will only want to smoke pot more as an act of rebellion..

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
95% of a $500 million budget goes to enforce the marijauna/drug laws. So I guess we all know now who profits from our tax dollars. $475 million goes to the Police to fight this so called "war on drugs"?? Unecessary and waste of funds...The Police whould lose their budgets and so would the clandestine criminal element. Even a dinkledorf person like me can figure this out !!!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
@zanthal: Yes, I certainly agree that there has always been and always will be a certain amount of "corruption". But I believe the evidence is overwhelming for anyone who cares to truly educate themselves about it, that what has been going on and building for decades is way, way beyond simple corruption. It is the institutionalization of organized crime...and it has reached a staggering, malignant level in both the corporate and governmental sectors (which are really morphed into one now)...and sitting above and running them both is the international banking syndicate. This is why "drugs" will never be legalized...they make too much money off of it. Wall Street would literally collapse without the international drug trade.
Fed up, pissed off and miserably I agree.
I have political views that could go on, but what's the point. they're not allowed on this forum anyhow.
Just gonna puff happy :puffy:
regardless though, thanks for sharing, it was educational.
Ask him why he's pro pot
Yep. A harsh toke of reality will probably do better than a knuckle sandwich.
I've never had a brother of my own, though, only one sister. I shook loose violent tendencies before my teen years were out.

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Just a quick update..........I can't believe how many people responded to me hating teenagers >.

Status
Not open for further replies.