Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Lawrence decided to surprise me with a totally unexpected, but much appreciated gift.
A completely hand-carved, with no machines used, and hand polished custom made ebony pipe tamper / tool.
He said I needed an above average tamper for my above average Dunhill, meaning the black Dress Dunhil that is currently in my avatar.
So here are two photos - one of them showing the new tamper along with the Dunhill pipe and Dunhill tobaccos, and the other with a closer view of the tamper.
ebony-tamper-lawrence.jpg

ebony-tamper-lawrence-02.jpg

Thank you Lawrence!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
this is a tamper I intend to never part with, especially knowing how many hours of labor Lawrence has in it....it just melts in your hand and is has a finish on it slicker that the insides of two moist peach halves. It just brings a smile to my face reaching for it.
Here it is pictured with my Aaron Beck Freehand.

P1030716.jpg

Thanks again buddy ole pal. :clap: I'm not worthy to be a recipient of such a masterpiece. :worship:
PS...what Kevin neglected to mention was that we had to agree to take his wife shopping at the Mall all day on Saturday, and detail his Harley on Sundays

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Very nice Lawrence. Might even try my hand from some hardwood scraps I have saved, but that are too small for any big projects.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Why don't you p/u a lathe,and turn those out 25 (because your not an over achiever) a day. Retail in the $4 - $7 range .... everybody could use some pocket change(and a hobby) , and if you are so we'll off there are plenty of orginizations that could use consistent donations. For instance the Boy scouts, or food banks....or that restoration project you always wanted to start.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I was asked in private why my Dunhill tins have all those Fugly asinine warning labels on them.
It's because my tins came from Denmark and that is the law over there.
Tins that are exported to the USA do not have those stupid, untrue, warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.