PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
Haddo's is one of those blends that smokes beautifully all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. In face the 2nd half of the bowl is my favorite part. Doesn't get strong or bite you...it just tastes better and better until the bowl is gone...and that is a fresh tin. I would love to try some with some age on it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Haddo's is, without a doubt, one of my top five blends. I like it a little better with age, which smooths it out a bit and takes off the rough edge that I feel when smoking it fresh. I only wish I had found it earlier so that I would have more aged tins of it.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I smoked a tin of it a year or so ago, but found it to be average in my opinion. I was fortunate enough to buy a few tins at the time, and have them buried somewhere in my stash. Interested in seeing how I like the aged stuff.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I've never tasted another blend that compares to Haddo's.
There is something about it that is so unique to my tastes which keeps it as a regular staple for me. I've tried it aged, by accident once, and it was still tasty. But for me, the variation that I get in flavour and sensation from a fresh tin is what keeps me interested.
I guess contrary to Sable, I like that "rough edge" but would instead classify it as a kind of spice rather than roughness. It's something interesting to me that makes me perk up every so often during a bowl, and it somehow brings out different flavours for me during those moments. The stuff is like a twisting mystery to me, and that is why I enjoy it so much. It is rare (in the grand scheme of offerings) for me to experience such variation in a blend. Amazing stuff.
It is one of those blends where I think it is a pity that in the long run, it will either become very expensive or non-existant... so I've stockpiled it. I've read a bit about how to "un-age" tobacco, but it is a bit of a hassle for my liking. I'll be truly depressed if the fresh stuff becomes a memory. The idea of toning down that spice and marrying it with everything else really brings me down... but not enough that I don't make sure I've got some in the future.
Long live Haddo's! What a curious, amazing blend of our times... It's what originally got me on to other Pease blends, but still remains my favourite of his line.

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
I smoke Haddo’s more often than any other blend. GL Pease create a masterpiece in this one.

My biggest problem is keeping enough Haddos around to actually get a lot of age on it. My oldest is at about five years, but only a few tins have remained unopened. I will buy ten at a time, but then I go coo coo and end up burning through it like crazy. I’m sure with age, I will be unable to control myself even further.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Haddo's is very good stuff. It became, and continues to be a regular favorite, since I discovered it about 15 years ago. I have never aged it much, the oldest I've smoked is about 2yrs old and it was amazing. Good stuff fresh too!

Status
Not open for further replies.