PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
hey guys,
Are any of you (as I) guilty of taking the "bottom of the tin" and throwing it all into one?
If it's one of my favorites of course I put it into the next tin of the same. Otherwise I'm just too cheap to throw it out, or maybe it's kind of just experimenting a bit, but I throw it into one tin, and give it a go...

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I call it my "Party Blend" for when I want to smoke, but have had a few too many drinks so I'm not going to appreciate the tobacco as much.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Of course! This is what I call the "house blend" and everything gets thrown in. Right now it is a bit in the Burley direction tastwise but that may change over time and depends on the leftovers. I love it and if you don´t have one start today. :wink:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Most of my tins get transferred to jars anyway to keep fresher. Once a tin is open, it actually doesn't do a great job sealing. A lot of times when a jar gets low, if I can, I put it in a smaller jar if there is one, otherwise, a lot of times I mix it in with other things, same as if I take out or prepare more than a pipe will hold. The leftovers all go into the "community chest." I've never ended up with a bad result and more often, the new blend is fabulous!

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
"House Blend" I like that, and here I am thinking it was blasphemy

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I smoke the tin down to where there is less than a bowls worth of tobacco and toss it. By that point it's primarily dust anyway, so I've never seen the point in trying to collect the remains.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
currently it's a mix of G&H Kendall Kentucky, Nightcap, and Irish Flake with a pinch or so of Old Professor

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
Just had to fill the remainder of the bowl with something other than Ennerdale, as I ran out of it. Stuffed in some Mcclelland 2015, this stuff is quite good.

addamsruspipe

Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
That is a great idea. I never even thought of that, combining the remains of multi tins/bags to create your own ever evolving blend of tobacco. I've got three or four remains right now I am going to combine and see out it turns out. Thanks guys/girls

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I'm wondering if letting your "franken-blend" sit in a jar so that the flavours can marry will make any difference.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
I've jarred up and stashed my last reject blend, and will be starting afresh on my next tins/pouches. I smoke a fair bit of GH's Pensioners Mixture, so I'm quite used to the "lucky dip" aspect.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
"Oh yes, the old irish professor from Kentucky, in his nightcap."
well done Mortonbriar

Status
Not open for further replies.