PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Finally! Its is a new push tenon Kaywoodie Relief Grain Poker Churchwarden I got from @crashthegrey on his greywoodie website. An excellent excellent smoker and pretty at that. It is dedicated to Esoterica Tilbury. Really turned me on to the newer Kaywoodies. @trubka2 the thread is yours! Whatcha got for us?
View attachment 11330
Just goes to show you that a kaywoodie is just as good as West ..lee von...etc. Why spend the extra money since kaywoodie is an equivalent guess of other high end pipes...

Reactions: shanez

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Just goes to show you that a kaywoodie is just as good as West ..lee von...etc. Why spend the extra money since kaywoodie is an equivalent guess of other high end pipes...
And jt cooke as a guess for the kaywoodie is astounding. Master blaster swept off his feet for a kaywoodie.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
There are some damn good pipes out there for less money! That’s part of the reason this thread was born, to highlight how hard it is to tell the difference aesthetically when the logos are taken away. My initial post that started the thread was a straight grain Genod everyone thought was a Castello :)

Now it’s evolved into just plain fun!

There is probably something to be said for stem work and other construction deets with higher end stuff at times, but the name sure accounts for a lot of the price these days.

Reactions: leafsmoker

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
11383My blurring skills aren’t first rate, but I think I obscured the stamping. This isn’t my pipe, but maybe one day I’ll find one. Good luck ?

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Oh.... Gotta be Ed Burak/Connoisseur.
Ding ding ding...winner! Congrats and you're up.

Ed Burak told me over the phone that he called this a bulldog, and he gave me a long drawn out explanation of his logic in naming the shape thus, but I kinda suspect that really it was because the term Eskimo hadn't yet been coined as a pipe shape. I called him when I read in P&T that he was closing shop but I failed to secure one of these. Never even seen one in person in fact. He said that if I did, I'd probably be surprised by the size as these were made pretty large, but only a handful ever were made for his shop. This is my white whale, so if anyone ever sees one, pleeeeaaaasssse LMK!!!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Ding ding ding...winner! Congrats and you're up.

Ed Burak told me over the phone that he called this a bulldog, and he gave me a long drawn out explanation of his logic in naming the shape thus, but I kinda suspect that really it was because the term Eskimo hadn't yet been coined as a pipe shape. I called him when I read in P&T that he was closing shop but I failed to secure one of these. Never even seen one in person in fact. He said that if I did, I'd probably be surprised by the size as these were made pretty large, but only a handful ever were made for his shop. This is my white whale, so if anyone ever sees one, pleeeeaaaasssse LMK!!!

That's cool that you got to talk to him. He has a reputation for having been quite a character and salesman.

Reactions: ron123
Status
Not open for further replies.