PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I am with you on this. Worse still there are matches for the most irrelevant tobaccos, but none for FMC - a best selling tobacco and universally acclaimed.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
FMC - a best selling tobacco and universally acclaimed.
I wouldn't go that far. I would have to agree with Jim's two star rating. I finished a tin, but only grudgingly though.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
While I don't have any statistics to back it up, I believe that pipe smoking is a pastime with no future. None of my children or their friends smoke, and the most of the young people that do smoke where I live are into "vaping." I don't know any other pipe smokers younger than forty and, among the professional classes in this country at least, pipe smoking is a rarity. The fact that Big Tobacco has little financial interest catering to pipe smokers, combined with the ever increasing efforts of our governments to stamp out the use of tobacco, leads me to believe that pipe tobacco may very well be unavailable commercially in another decade or two.
So, IMO, instead of bemoaning the fact that some of our favorite blends are no longer available, we should be thankful that there is still so much quality leaf to be had.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
As far as smoking it is dependant on country, in some it is taboo in others it is cooler than a fridge. There will be a time when there is no tobacco produced probably but not in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.