PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Greetings all:
I'm happy to announce that Greg Pease will host our October Tobacco Crawl. Greg is the creator of the popular, eponymous G.L. Pease blends and is a contributor to Pipes Magazine. Greg is also looking into arranging a discounted bundle of the selected blends.
FYI, a tobacco crawl is similar to a pub crawl or a virtual pipe club meeting. The purpose of the crawl is to develop a discerning palate for pipe tobaccos by smoking different blends based on a theme. This year we have been inviting Master Blenders to host the crawl. The blender picks 4 tobaccos that crawl members smoke, one blend each week. Members and the host then share their opinions, reviews, comments.
Members usually smoke several bowls of the blend of the week. Most members smoke all 4 blends over the month but participants can smoke as many or as few of the sections as they wish. Some just drop in to discuss one of the monthly blends.
Participants are a mix of very new smokers and seasoned pipers that have smoked for decades. All are welcome.
I'll post details and start a new thread for the October crawl once I receive Greg's picks.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Nice!! I won't be away for this one so count me in. I'll be watching to see which blends we'll be smoking. :clap:

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Haven't done one yet. But I'm in on this one. Any bets on the direction he takes us? Latakia weak through strong? Perique light through bold? VaPer/English/Oriental? We could do 6 G.L. Pease crawls in a row and never repeat a theme.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I'll let Greg speak for himself. I can announce that Greg has completed his lineup - with difficulty. It is probably like being forced to publicly declare which are your favorite children. :)
Also, SmokingPipes will put together a special bundle for us this time around.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Sounds like I might need to give this a try. I keep wanting to try something in this line but can never decide where to start.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Also, SmokingPipes will put together a special bundle for us this time around.
Will 4Noggins also be carrying the PAX package for October? They are much better to order from, especially when tobacco is concerned, for people outside of the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.