Status
Not open for further replies.

themitch

Lurker
Jan 16, 2019
Siena
Hi there,
I'm Michael, writing from Siena, Italy.

In 2011 I got myself a corn cob and, for reasons unknown, started pipe smoking. I loved it but quit after few years, probably because I rushed it too much: in the end it was more reading and buying than smoking. These days it just naturally came to me to start over anew, so I'm here suffering (again) from constant relights and tongue bite.

Then and now this forum was/is a great help and a joy to read, so I'd like to take part and maybe give a small contribution.
I love classic pipe shapes on the medium/small side, filled with english mixtures or virginias.
Thank you for your hospitality!

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Welcome aboard, sir. Greetings from a 1000 miles to the east, in dark Romania.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Sip don't puff. Dry out your blends. Take your time. Relights are fine.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Welcome Michael! Siena is such a beautiful place, ideal for a pipe :)
As for your suffering, don't worry: you're in good company - well, company anyway :) Take your time, don't get frustrated by your pipe going out, and it's going to be fine.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Buona sera, themitch, and welcome! I, too prefer the classic shapes. My family is in Como, Napoli, Milano, and Bari.
Tim

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the Forums! Tuscany is an area I've always wanted to visit - Tuscan wines are some of my favorites.

themitch

Lurker
Jan 16, 2019
Siena
@madox07 "dark Romania" instantly brought Stoker to mind, not very original I know :). Would really like to visit your country!
@mso489 I will follow your advice, thank you!
@echie Yes Siena is beautiful, if a little small. Sitting in Piazza del Campo with a pipe is great, as long as it isn't Palio day :)
@tschiraldi you got family in some of the nicest cities in Italy, must be great visiting them!
@brassmonkey New Zealand is on top of my must-travel-to list
@techie whenever I think that one day I will maybe leave Tuskany and/or Italy one of the things I'm most afraid of is not having Brunello, Morellino, Montecucco or Montepulciano readily available (and for prices that won't break the bank) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.