PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talisker1972

Lurker
Oct 26, 2019
Hello everyone , my name is Chad , live in Newfoundland Canada , been smoking a pipe since 2006 , i am 47 years old , I never smoked before , I only smoke a couple bowls per week , I find it’s a great relaxing hobby, I have a few Peterson’s , a corncob and a Stanwell pipe that I rotate, love Westminster , Night cap , Escudo and aromatic 7 seas. Any suggestions on pipes or tobacco I would love to hear from you. There is something romantic and nostalgic about smoking a pipe. I love reading the forum.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Hello from Maine! I've been quite fond of Newfies ever since my ship, USCG Chase spent a week in St. Johns while we were waiting for a replacement part for our air-search radar to be flown in, so that we could return to Iceberg Patrol.

Two of our crew drank the city out of the ingredients for making "Black and Tans" during that week, another one managed to get so drunk that he passed out in his hotel room and all 6-foot-6 of him fell against the sink in the room and ripped it right off the wall.

That was also when myself and a few shipmates learned to appreciate room-temperature beer.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Hello everyone , my name is Chad , live in Newfoundland Canada , been smoking a pipe since 2006 , i am 47 years old , I never smoked before , I only smoke a couple bowls per week , I find it’s a great relaxing hobby, I have a few Peterson’s , a corncob and a Stanwell pipe that I rotate, love Westminster , Night cap , Escudo and aromatic 7 seas. Any suggestions on pipes or tobacco I would love to hear from you. There is something romantic and nostalgic about smoking a pipe. I love reading the forum.

Welcome Talisker1972

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Talisker1972

Lurker
Oct 26, 2019
Hello from Maine! I've been quite fond of Newfies ever since my ship, USCG Chase spent a week in St. Johns while we were waiting for a replacement part for our air-search radar to be flown in, so that we could return to Iceberg Patrol.

Two of our crew drank the city out of the ingredients for making "Black and Tans" during that week, another one managed to get so drunk that he passed out in his hotel room and all 6-foot-6 of him fell against the sink in the room and ripped it right off the wall.

That was also when myself and a few shipmates learned to appreciate room-temperature beer.
Yeah St. John
Welcome from Saskatchewan
Glad to be here , Love Saskatchewan , been to Regina few times , down to earth and hard working , go Riders !

Reactions: seanv

Talisker1972

Lurker
Oct 26, 2019

i live in St Johns , yeah you been to George street , we like our drink , not many pipe smokers , very expensive to buy tobacco . I would encourage everyone to visit the city , Great seafood , we love our lobster too ... mostly Irish culture here and friendly. Maine is practically a hop skip and jump away.

Talisker1972

Lurker
Oct 26, 2019
i live in St Johns , yeah you been to George street , we like our drink , not many pipe smokers , very expensive to buy tobacco . I would encourage everyone to visit the city , Great seafood , we love our lobster too ... mostly Irish culture here and friendly. Maine is practically a hop skip and jump away.
I know all about the Iceberg patrol ! my work have been providing vessel data to you guys to differentiate between small boats and bergs , glad to meet you.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Welcome from central NL! My story is almost identical to yours, except that I have just picked up the hobby this year, also for the romance and nostalgia. You are the first piper in NL that I have had the pleasure to hear about.

Feel free to share any Newfoundland specific hints for we newbies. I have so far had to buy everything online and found no clubs or carvers on the island.

I also enjoy single malts, if I decoded your name correctly.

Talisker1972

Lurker
Oct 26, 2019
Welcome from central NL! My story is almost identical to yours, except that I have just picked up the hobby this year, also for the romance and nostalgia. You are the first piper in NL that I have had the pleasure to hear about.

Feel free to share any Newfoundland specific hints for we newbies. I have so far had to buy everything online and found no clubs or carvers on the island.

I also enjoy single malts, if I decoded your name correctly.
Hey great to be here, glad to have a fellow Nflder to share a chat with , yes love single Malts , I was born in Botwood grew up Marystown

P

pipebuddy

Whaddya at b'y???
Welcome to the forums from Eastern Québec.

Status
Not open for further replies.