May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
drool-clipart-homer-simpson-2.jpg

Mmmm......fermented shark meat.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Hákarl (fermented shark meat) is recognizable by its smell indeed, but it is not THAT common to eat it in a foreign country because foreigners don't.... used to the smell :D

Also, Helly Hansen is totally wrong, we wear our brands, like Icewear, 66° North, Cintamani and ZOON. :wink: And of course, there are the hand-knitted Icelandic sweaters.

But he may be right, we are easily recognizable. The complaining about tourism is totally correct, especially in the case of the elder ones :lol:

But unfortunately, most of us is not a pipe smoker.
As I can see, most members are from the USA, is that correct?

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
When its really cold (Which is hardly the case nowadays even here)I prefer wearing my Canadian Goose Parka,

Olkofri: speaking of tiny sized chambered pipes, that's the only reason I decided to get rid of my almost like brand new Chacom classic Rhodesian, otherwise its a nice pipe,but only accepts a tiny amount of tobaccoes and preferably,be it either shag cut or well-broken flake tobaccos

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
66° North
My wrong!

I remember admiring the 66° North wear when I was in Iceland. Please accept my apologies for confusing Icelandic and Norwegian fashions!
One of the many things that I did love about Iceland was that I could find pickled or smoked fish at almost every meal. My daughter was getting pretty tired of it by day 3, but I was like "oh, pickled herring? AND smoked salmon? Yes, please"

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"Helly Hansen is a Norwegian producer of textiles and gear for sports and work on the ocean and in the mountains, headquartered in Oslo, Norway. From its founding in 1877 until October 2009, the company was headquartered in Moss, Norway."

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Welcome.
in the past few years, Iceland has become a go-to tourist destination for folks in my city (Miami). A couple of carriers instituted inexpensive flights and suddenly everyone and his brother is headed to the frosty north. I've got several friends who have made the trip and all report amazing landscapes and tremendously fine people.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Now you know! :lol:
It is nice to see that there are people in the world who enjoy our fashion, food, landscapes and weather. It is indeed exotic for a person from Miami or almost from anywhere else. :D
But please, fellow pipers, take my advices when you are planning to travel here - don't forget to take your tobacco with you and you know; wind, Wind, WIND.

Status
Not open for further replies.