PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
be Welcome Sir, my understanding is that Iceland has quite a wide variety of Norwegian Roll Your own Tobaccoes available,like the following well known names as Asbjoernsen,Petteroe's & Tiedemann's blanding,in my experience many of those can be smoked in smaller chambered pipes more or less successfully.Do You have any Swedish pipetobaccoes out there?The brand like Greve Hamilton's and Caravelle with rum.(Both quite horrible blends btw)Have good time here, and Greets from Finland-Paul

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Hi from Canada. I just bought some "Icelandic style" skyr yogurt today. It tastes a lot like "Greek" yogurt, which tastes fairly similar to "Balkan" yogurt.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Welcome aboard, sir.
Dan, the photos are amazing. Especially the one with the red riding hood running towards her grandma's house.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Javan, that's my daughter, Eve. It was 9:30 and we had just finished dinner. I had the best leg of lamb ever, and we decided to go look at the sea, which was only a few hundred yards from our hotel. There were these sheep out wandering the moors, and they seemed to know that I had eaten one of their relatives...

2v2JVSVtgx3L6Bn.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks, Michael. I made them all with a borrowed camera.
I had just been relieved of duty as a newspaper photographer, and hadn't bought new gear yet. A good friend lent me his Canon 30d and kit lens for the trip.
Iceland is fish in a barrel for beautiful photos. You could do this with an iPhone.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
These are really nice photos! :wink:
Unfortunately, here we have only three types of pipe tobaccos:

- Skandinavik

- Swet Dublin

- Half & Half
Previously we had Mac Baren Scottish Mixture, but it is not available anymore. The import of any tobacco products is strictly ruled by the government so this is the whole selection in the country. :cry:
From wrap (cigarette) tobaccos we have a little bit more types:

- Amber Leaf

- American Spirit Natural

- Bali Shag Mellow Virginia

- Bali Shag Rounded Virginia

- Bali Shag Halfzware Blue
So now you can see why I'm interested mainly in foreign webshops.

I'm planning to buy a Savinelli Minuto, so I will be able to try the cigarette tobaccos here. What is your opinion, is it worth a try? Has anybody tried it - I mean Savinelli Minuto pipe (or something similar) with cigarette tobacco?
As you are saying that windcap is almost "good for nothing", maybe it is not even worth the ~2USDs it costs.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Do buy a windcap. At the price of a Czech tool, there's really no reason not to, even if it's not used all the time. Note that it's unlikely to fit the Minuto, though.
I did buy a tiny pipe for the same reasons you're ogling that Minuto: short smokes. I am not allowed to smoke in my apartment, not even the balcony, thus, I must keep my smoking sessions short. I also wanted a smallish pipe I could use to try blends out, and to smoke nicotine-heavy blends without being floored. In my case I bought a Vauen Quixx. Alas, it doesn't see much use: tiny bowls can be tricky to pack.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
One thing I forgot about the windcap: it's more than that: I use mine more as a cap than as a windcap—to get my pipe through non-smoking areas, or when I have to put it away, it prevents spills.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Welcome from the Faroe Islands. Right next door. Or harbor really. Been to Iceland several times and like it a lot. Especially off-season, as tourism has become quite overwhelming lately. We're heading the same path. Anyway, welcome.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'm enjoying the pictures! Beautiful country, though I must say I would miss all the trees we have here in the Midwest U.S.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
I see a lot of Icelanders hanging around the shopping malls at Xmas time.
Welcome aboard.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
With my next tobacco order I will get a windcap, it is so cheap I need to try at least. After that I will write about my experiences with it from a really windy place. :D

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
Try E A Carey’s excellent company I particularly like

1. Desert is Mix And

2. Black Sliced Twist

Kind regards
George

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
They all are wearing Helly Hanson jackets and eating fermented shark meat while they walk their horses around, quote loudly from The Sagas and complain about the tourists.

Status
Not open for further replies.