Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomislavricov

Lurker
Sep 9, 2019
Croatia, Novalja
Hello!

My name is Tomislav and I'm from Croatia.
I'm still relatively new to pipe smoking, just recently I learned how to retrohale, which was a defining moment for me, as I finally understood the tastes of tobacco.

Considering I am in a country where pipers are rare (at least where I live), I don't have a lot of options regarding tobacco.
So far, I really like the MacBarren Original, some aromatics from MacBarren ,McCornell Black & Gold and I tried three types of Captain Black, which are by far my favorite.

I am also really addicted to making pipes, for now I'm pipe making when I have the time, considering it's a hobby for now.
That is all - I made a thread regarding Cornelian Cherry here, but no responses, so I figured I might get more active on this forum.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome and happy to learn more!

Cheers!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska! I don't know how tobacco laws work in Croatia, but have you investigated online options for purchasing tobacco? Certainly broadened my selection by leaps and bounds.

tomislavricov

Lurker
Sep 9, 2019
Croatia, Novalja
Well, when I order tobacco from local webshops in Croatia, I always get a message that they aren't allowed to sell tobacco online, so - I think I'll have to look into it.
The Captain Black I got when my brother was coming from the States, but I only got one brother left in NJ, the others are scattered around the world :D

Ah, yes, my pipes here they are:

My first pipe, which I actually sold, but it was returned because the address was insufficient - which makes me feel bad, because I messaged the buyer but he hasn't got back to me, even found him on facebook, but no reply :(

My second pipe, which I actually finished today.

I also have a olive pipe in the making, so I'll be posting that one soon enough, when the oil cures.

tung oil not a good choice, I presume?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Welcome! It's been my pleasure to meet Croatians on my travels and in language school here in Germany (I'm an American living in Germany). I'd love to visit your country, most especially the Dalmatian coast.
At any rate, glad you found the site.
As to your inquiry regarding "Cornelian cherry". That tree is a member of the genus Cornus. There are other species in that genus in North America. Beautiful trees commonly called "dogwood". I am unaware of anyone making pipes from them. I know from personal experience that the wood is rather hard and dense.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well, when I order tobacco from local webshops in Croatia, I always get a message that they aren't allowed to sell tobacco online, so - I think I'll have to look into it.
I'm wondering if websites and tobacco shops outside Croatia would ship to you. I order from many places in Europe that will ship to Alaska, and I know some European members have ordered from US sites, but whether it's legal, feasible, or affordable seems to vary from country to country. Good luck!

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Howdy from Texas! Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here. If you learn anything more about Croatia tobacco laws, we have a section here for tobacco legislation you could post in. Maybe you could share what you learn, or perhaps someone knows an international loophole that may help. I do think there are a couple of law guys here. At any rate... Welcome to the forum my friend! Happy to have you here.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Zdravo druze. Check out the summer episodes from the pipesmagazine radio show. I believe there was an interview with a Croatian pipe maker (I can't exactly remember which episode). If I remember correctly I believe he even advertised his own Facebook page and website on the show, so there is a hint for you in as far as getting in touch with your local pipe smoking community.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Welcome, Tomislav! I wish you luck in finding more tobacco to try in the future puf I imagine it must be hard without the ability to order deliveries by mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.