PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
brooklynpiper, welcome aboard. Brooklyn's a vibrant place to live. You raise an interesting question about pipe smoking and circadian rhythms. I seem to start a pipe only after noon, as some people have a specific hour for drinking, "when the sun is over the yardarm." I seem to bustle around with chores and activities and only settle into a pipe after lunch, and/or on into the evening. It's a way of collecting my thoughts, and making sure I take the opportunity to have a few thoughts.

bannyc9

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2018
For me, the allure of pipe smoking over cigars was the less time it can take to enjoy a pipe. For a cigar, the moment you light you have spent the entire money you paid for the cigar. What I liked about pipe smoking was I could pack a smaller bowl if I didn't have a ton of time because one of the three sons had a baseball game/band recital/ basketball/ some other damn thing that depends a father's time.
Now I really enjoy a pipe when I take a day off - right after lunch. Just sit on my deck and think about all the suckers running around San Diego working their tails off while I am relaxed, puffing away. Nothing better!
Welcome to the forum, so much to learn from all these experienced pipers!

Status
Not open for further replies.