PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My wife got a job! After waiting for a month to hear back after her interview she got hired on full time. This is really great news for our little family. My wife recently graduated with an MFA and was having a hard time with the job search. This is her first full time job in three years. The kicker is she is making almost $4/hr more than me :) Its gonna be a little tough for the next few months as we are still sharing a vehicle and I work retail hours while she's 8 to 5, but we also will have the money to get me a new vehicle. Of course I already have it picked out, 2014 Jeep Grabd Cherokee :) After we save up for the down payment ill actually have my own weekly budget for tobacco and pipes. I'm proud of her and excited for the future and not living paycheck to paycheck.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Congrats man...or to your wife...well to both of you guys haha. I too hope it's somewhere that she will enjoy for a long time to come.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Congratulations, TJ! Bad news is now you'll have to cook, clean, and do the dishes more often! :D

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Congrats TJ! I'm very glad things are looking up for you and yours. Plus, a little extra in the pipe/tobacco fund won't hurt either :wink:. Hoping the best for the two of you and Kudos on all the hard work put in to getting there.

Josh

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks a lot guys! Bradley the Jeep is all mine haha Wifey knows she's got a big bow in the garage next year for Christmas. Although she did require the new vehicle to be an SUV (I can live with that :) ) It'll be my first vehicle since 2008. I've walked to work a lot and taken public transit a lot but its not quite as feasible at this point to have one car especially with no transit around where we live now. Pics will definitely happen!
So far my wife loves her new job. She's got her own office, can pretty much make her own schedule, and enjoys the people she works with so far. She still has her side projects, etsy shop and literary journal, but she's happy to be where she's at and getting paid very well. Always a determined woman and always making her dreams reality, one of the many things I love about her.
Flyguy that's all too true haha

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Tucker, great news. You might want to think about buying a two year old certified used vehicle that comes with the remainder of the factory warranty. You can find them with low miles and this way you are letting someone else eat the depreciation of a new vehicle. The first 2 years are the worst for depreciation on a new car, just something to think about. If you decide on a used vehicle, use nada.com to look up values. You want to buy as close to average trade in as you can, this is normally 3 grand below retail. Also the best time to buy any car is the last day of the month, managers live and die buy the month and will take a real shit deal just to get their numbers up. if they can move a car before the first of the month, they do not have to pay floor plan for the entire next month which saves them hundreds of dollars. Also never pay a dealer fee, that is a total scam. Dealers put it on their contracts but you can make them take it off. If you need any help let me know, I used to manage large dealerships back in the day and know every trick in the book.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Congrats on the new good fortune!
May want to check into a fire issue with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. I read recently about that, but do not recall the model year.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
An MFA can be a hard degree to find a job with. Not a high demand for it. She is really fortunate. We wish her all the best.
And there is nothing wrong with being a kept man. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.