PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Blast of Silence (1961) puffy

View attachment 267103
Thnx @Searock Fan for posting this. Looking forward to watching it.

Its director, Allen Baron, also later worked on one of my favorites, Kolchack: The Night Stalker.

@JimInks -- do you know his earlier work as a cartoonist and illustrator? I see online that after high school, he enrolled in the School of Visual Arts New York City.
kind regards
mike

Last edited:

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Last year I sold a few pipes to the prop department of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" series. I've never watched it, but I understand it is well received. I am just not into musicals...

Durhamshire

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2024
UK
The Long Gray Line is a fave of mine (1955). Stars Tyrone Power, Maureen O'Hara & Donald Crisp. Based on a true story. Pipe smoking throughout.

Attachments

• image-w1280-1.jpg
    image-w1280-1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: AroEnglish

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
In the new movie EINSTERIN AND THE BOMD, there are several scenes of him smoking a pipe (usually a Peterson). I thought it would be an interesting movie... boy was I wrong. puffy

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
My wife and I are watching the 26-part documentary of the Second World War called World at War. This is all available on YouTube. Great series! Laurence Olivier does the narration. Anyway, Communist, Nazi, or Allie, they all seemed to love their pipes, though I don’t think the Japanese picked up enthusiasm for Western pipe-smoking until after the war.

Reactions: AroEnglish