PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2017
For a while now I have been eyeing Radice pipes, mainly at www.alpascia.com and although they tend to be a bit pricey for my pipes budget, I was wondering if anyone has them and can give some feedback.

Thanks!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I had one with the draft drilled a millimeter or so too high above the bottom of the bowl. This, for the most part, doesn't affect the quality of the smoke, but it leaves unsmokable dottle, which can be an annoyance. I do have a billiard that is drilled at the correct level, so I'm not saying this is characteristic of the brand.
Al Pascia is a good company with which to do business.

Jul 12, 2011
I have three Radice pipes - Rind bent Pot, Clear Cutty and a Silk Cut Dublin all of which are outstanding smokers, well worth the $ they charge for them. I have also purchased from Al Pascia in the past without issue.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I used to own a number of Radice's and all were very fine smokers. If you have one you are looking at, I am sure if you asked Al Pascia to look the pipe over for you they would.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
For around $200, the Radice Rinds are a steal.
Their smaller apples are va/per "whisperers".

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
The Radice oil cured pipes are great and Al Pascia sometimes get some. Really love their 55 shapes and Aero pipes.
Leonardo at Al Pascia is great to work with and their shipping is always very fast (2-days to the US).

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
I have five, three reverse calabash, one twin bore oil cured and a underwood dublin, all are great smoker’s. I had an issue with one new aero billiard and Leonardo from Al Pascia read it on this forum, reached out to me and worked with Radice to reach a satisfactory conclusion. I didn’t even buy the pipe from them. I cannot speak highly enough about Al Pascia and Leonardo.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have owned quite a few and still own half a dozen. I think they smoke every bit as good as Castello. On one side, I like the twin bore drill concept for smoking quality. On the other, it sometimes makes passing a cleaner just slightly more difficult. I recently bought out a guys pipe and tobacco collection. There was an unsmoked medium sized rind with the faux bamboo reunion. I have another Radice that is nearly identical. I would make you a reasonable deal on it. Pm me if interested.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I just bought one about an hour ago at Iwan Ries. It looks like the 493 so far so good. It looks like an overflowing honey pot which I couldn't resist as I also raise bees lol. It is a great looking pipe though.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I can't speak about Radice pipes but you can add me to the list of happy Al Pascia customers. I received a beautiful pipe and very quickly from them and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I have 2 Radice pipes, both exquisite. A Faux Bamboo Rind Pure Billiard, and a gorgeous morta Bent Billiard with Olive vulcanite stem. Pics:
Wide2.jpg

Detail.jpg

Radice_Bamboo.jpg

They are WONDERFUL smokers, and I had SPC examine each for defects and they described all the intricacies to me. These are VERY well made pipes. No drilling abnormalities, no flaws. I'm a n00b, but I'm massively impressed.
CW

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
** "Have" Radice? Is the proper way to ask...
I curse the milk advertising guy who came up with "Got milk" and all the succeeding jokes that is has spawned.
:nana:

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
A past related thread...
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/radice-buttons-breaking-coincidence
For the record, I have excellent Radice pipes that all smoke well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've heard many good things. I don't own one. Just be aware of the weight specs, since they make both lighter weight and heavier pipes; make sure you get what you'd prefer.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Mso489:Thank You, I always keep checking the weight prior to purchase, and this one was weighing in at 28gr, let wait and see

pretty much similar in size to Peterson 407 prince but comes a larger chamber,maybe I'would upload a picture

of it, funny thing is that I ordered it from Russian based tobacconist,and as it was before,they'll

bring me this pipe in person once someone from them employees is heading to our country,good service if You

me.

erratum

Lurker
Jun 30, 2017
I've smoked several brands of factory pipes & several hand made artisan pipes, and my Radice bulldog is one of the better smokers I have. It's a "Twin Bore", but I honestly don't think that matters in the least. I attribute it to the oil curing they used.

Oct 7, 2016
Echoing the consensus, I have 3 now and have owned many more over the years. All have been excellent smokers. The break in period, for me, is longer and a tad more "briar forward" than my Castellos and Ser Jacopos, but that said, of all the pipes I have owned over the years and traded away or sold, one of the two I miss the most was an ODA sized Clear Dublin G from the mid 1980's. Estate Radices on eBay are often screaming bargains. And Al Pascia is great to deal with. Bollito also has some nice Radices.

Status
Not open for further replies.