Got a New Artisanal Pipe, And It's Mine! It's All Mine, You Hear!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I decided to support one of our forum members who is a beginning pipe maker. I'm talking about Chris (shikano53) whom you've seen posting his pipes here. I think he comes up with some interesting designs that are close to classic, but have a little twist to them. When I saw this bent apple pipe that he posted I knew I wanted it for my own! I think Chris is a little too hard on himself as he thinks his designs are flawed. I think they are quirky! Maybe he should call them "Quaints". Even his signature dot on the stem is in an unusual place, neither on the center of the side or the top. No matter what you think of the pipes he's producing, this one smokes as good as any pipe I've had. Does it have a fit and finish of a Rad Davis, or any of the other high end artisanal or factory pipes. No not quite, but give him time, maybe he'll get there someday, or maybe he'll just choose to do what pleases him and continue making quirky pipe designs that are made to be good smokers. Either way, I applaud him and all the others out there that have taken on the challenge of hand making pipes. I don't think my arthritic hands could handle it, so I'll just stick to refurbishing pipes once in a while.
Here I am in all my glory breaking it in with some C&D Pirate Kake

img_04281-476x600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've been very impressed with Chris's progress, and yours is a fine example of his work!

Status
Not open for further replies.