PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA

I’ve been looking for a good way to organize my pipes and tobaccos (not that I have very many yet) and I came across this shadow box at Goodwill for $15! Each cubby holds 4 half pint jars of tobacco, and the drawers are great for storing accessories. Eventually I’m going to buy a pipe rack to sit on top of the box and I’ll have room for quite a few different blends. I have 4 more on the way so this was perfect timing to stumble upon this today. I thought I’d share in case anyone needed some pipe storage inspiration! I’m super excited about my growing little tobacco cellar/pipe apothecary thing I’ve got going on.

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Sweet find. I'm on the hunt for a piece that can be used for the same purpose and I would be very happy to find something similar.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thanks I’m super happy with it! I was debating buying a whole secretary desk/hutch type setup but I’m glad I found this instead. Mounts straight to the wall and should last longer than me, I’d imagine. If I knew the maker I’d tell you but I can’t find any identifying marks on it. Just a cheap modern piece I’m sure, but it works great!

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
Thats something I'm interested in getting myself. I think it's time I go to Goodwill and Savers around town to see what I can find.
Very pretty piece.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
On Saturday, I was offered an oak hutch (both top and bottom parts) for free, but had to turn it down, and not just because I don't have anybody to help me carry it. With the top and bottom assembled, it looked to be about five feet wide, and six feet high (with gingerbread trim rising a few inches higher).
There just isn't room in the house for it, despite how good it looks, and its four glass doors (two flat across the face, with an angled door at each end). It had 3 or 4 rows of drawers in the bottom part.

Status
Not open for further replies.