PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
...is it a vanilla aromatic? I thought the topping was a liquor of some sort

To me, it is a vanilla cream soda flavor. It has a light topping, so it is an aromatic, but it also has some condiment leaf (perique and dark fire) that changes the aromatic effects into more of a cream soda like flavor.

To the bystanders smelling the room note, it is just a vanilla aromatic, as I have been in the room several times as others smoke this one.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I'll probably pop my tin soon...I have it in the cellar, as I heard it was a bit "young" tasting on initial release. I love cream soda, and I like most GLP blends, so it could end up dethroning Vanilla Cream Flake as the ruling vanilla aro in my house. :puffy:

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Second the recommendation for Arrowhead from Pauls Pipe Shop, best vanilla aro I've had hands down!!
Try 1Q as a baseline tobacco, if for the simple fact that nearly everyone has tried it.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
Mac Baren Vanilla is alright. It will ghost the crap out of your pipe, also...if you're looking straight vanilla it's not the place to go. It has an almost nutty taste/aroma to it. It's room note was described to me as "a nutty squirrel turd." As long as I smoke a pipe, I will always go back to Admiral's Choice Vanilla Cavendish. It's cheap, it's right for me. The room note is fantastic, but if you are new to it, expect bite. If you want sweet without bite, go for their Black & Gold Cavendish. H&H Hall of Fame isn't too bad either.

One more, must try aromatic, says it has vanilla but I didn't pick up on it. Ordering another tin soon as the first was good. Old Shenandoah Barrel No. 76.
Note: if PPG is Propylene Glycol or however it's spelled...I wouldn't know what has that, never concerned me.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's room note was described to me as "a nutty squirrel turd."
Who was the first to admit smoking a squirrel turd? When I ran out of OJK, I had no other options, sooo....

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
That must have been me. My only response after that was " the smell you're getting is nutty, and "earthy" though...I still am trying to figure out how she knew what a squirrel turd smelled like.

Status
Not open for further replies.