PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
I found some good prices for new IM Corona Old Boy's from Smoke Direct r_athey123 on eBay out of Britain. A very highly rated dealer and he has good prices on his items and right now with the British £ being down to the Dollar it's making the prices even better. I just ordered one and hope to get it within about 10 days and will report back.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
Price is variable due to the GNP/USD rates bouncing but about $120-$130 range.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/IM-Corona-Old-Boy-Sandblast-Briar-/262465314940?nav=SEARCH

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good on you, Draco!
Glad to see somebody taking advantage of this Brexit situation and the ensuing currency fluctuation. There will never be a cheaper time to visit the UK then right now. The pound will stabilize within the next few weeks/months - if not sooner - and the UK will continue being a banking powerhouse to the world.
In the meantime, Draco, you got a good deal. And the seller wins because he moved some merchandise in a currency that will recover sooner rather than later. The loser is the UK. They've got two more years to shoot ugly looks across the breakfast table at a disliked spouse before the sheets are finally torn.
Fnord

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
I bought it Saturday and I just got my Royal Mail tracking code and its left Heathrow for Kennedy in NY already. Good service so far.
I have been wanting a good lighter for a long while, the Lotus Goucho started giving me all sorts of problems after a year or so and so far I have not been able to get it working though the gas flows and the spark sparks. I had heard of others buying premium lighters from the UK so took a look and then looked at the exchange rates and it just made sense to buy now.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
draco, I ordered the same lighter last night and it shipped today. I got lucky on the currency conversion too, so I'm happy so far. Looking forward to receiving it.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
papipeguy I am glad to had a chance to take advantage of the favorable exchange rates as well. His prices are already better than most and shipping is fair but the exchange rate is a big plus. He did tell me that these are the last of his last shipment and he tends to discount them pending the next shipment which is on its way so he should have more soon. I like your taste in finish as well.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
pylorns the one on smokingpipes is black and chrome, nice but the black eventually wears from what I have heard. For that same money we both got sandblasted briar and gold. The closest one smokingpipes has to it is smooth dark briar and gold at $186 https://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/lighters/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=187797
I especially like the blasted briar both for looks but also grip and feel.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
Buckaroo they seem to be rather uncommon. I have seen the smooths more often than the sandblasted ones. He is expecting another shipment some time soon so if the pound stays low to the dollar he may have more bargains.
No I have no stake in his business, just like sharing when I find a good person to deal with.
The Royal Mail has turned it over to the USPS as a piece of registered mail so I can still track it. This morning it was still in NY.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
Buckaroo they seem to be rather uncommon. I have seen the smooths more often than the sandblasted ones. He is expecting another shipment some time soon so if the pound stays low to the dollar he may have more bargains.
No I have no stake in his business, just like sharing when I find a good person to deal with.
The Royal Mail has turned it over to the USPS as a piece of registered mail so I can still track it. This morning it was still in NY.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That is a beauty. The dark wood Old Boy ain't too shabby, either!
001-068-0219.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Based on Draco's purchase I pulled the trigger on the Old Boy offer from England too. Ordered it on June 30 and it arrived today. Not bad considering the holiday weekend. I'm thrilled with it.
BYbReyC.jpg

lnLKmQH.jpg

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
A big thx for the real life pics. Was going to ask. You got a great one. Beauty of a blast there and the color is great too. Enjoy.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
Papipeguy mine actually came yesterday too but wasn't here to sign for it so picked it up this morning. I have to say you and I have exquisite taste LOL!!! It's a beauty to behold. I know for now he is sold out of these but more coming and actually the exchange rate has swung a little further in our direction so for anyone else it's time to have a look.
I will post a few pics as soon as I can but as you can see by papipeguy's photos they are sweet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.