PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
Any one know a good B&M place in Northern VA? there are none listed in the store finder, and all the shops I've been in seem to cater to Hookahs, cigarette, cigars and pot smokers...I was actually asked not to smoke my pipe in one store, even though they allowed people to smoke hookahs...Thanks

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
Drapers in DC has a decent selection. I could offer some recommendations for MD as well but I'm not much help for NoVa.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
http://www.hayestobacconist.com/

Hayes Tobacconist is in Fair Oaks Mall right off of Interstate 66.

Nice folks, good selection of pipe tobacco.

Last time I was there they were planning to open a smoking room but don't know if that has materialized yet.

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
I'll check those guys out as well...do they allow pipe smoking in the cigar lounge? I'm really getting tired of smoking in my car...

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
John B Hayes is great, the Winchester location is larger and has a smoking area. Also a bit farther but in the general region are Faders of Annapolis and Baltimore, and Boswell's up in Chambersburg PA.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Old Virginia Tobacco Co (OVTC) has several locations in Northern Va. They all or most have lounges. I think most have a decent selection of pipes and tobaccos. I don't live there but I'm there for business often. I mostly go to the one in Kingstown.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Hayes is superior...excellent selection of tinned tobacco...great staff and very polite. Old Va. Is ok...lots of locations more cigars than pipes...their tobacco selection is ok too. Staff inteactions are hit and miss...I cut my teeth in the store which is no longer in the springfield mall when I first started smoking cigars and later pipes about 25 years ago. There is also Georgetown tobacco at the Tyson's corner mall and jrs in DC.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
JB Hayes in Fair Oaks is excellent,but unfortunately you can no longer smoke in the store. Their new store location has not yet materialized. If you stop today, tell King (works there part time) that Al said hello, he's a great guy as is the owner, John Hayes.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I stopped in at JB Hayes a couple of months ago on Al's recommendation. Good selection of premium blends and much better than average choice of pipes. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Drapers is one of the area's best tobacconists but pipe smokers should check out JB Hayes.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
I like both JB and Old VA. Went to JB awhile back (haven't been on the forum for sometime) and they were extremely helpful. Let me step out and try a couple different blends, also picked up a nice basket pipe. I live in Woodbridge and used to go to Old VA weekly to sit and talk with the cigar smokers (I think of all the times I went I met one pipe). Had a whirlwind of events in the last 7 months (including a move to a new home) and now just getting my collection out and figuring where to put them. I've also gone to the Old VA in Kingstown during their Peterson Pipe Sale, super helpful and gracious with trying new tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.