PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
So, I just went in to get some results from university campus. I'm more than aware I'm not the greatest student, so before I started the walk I was nervous. I was thankful that I had filled a bowl of university flake into my falcon last night and forgotten it, so I decided, what the hell, got a long way to travel. As I walked along and smoked slowly, I had about a mile of relaxed smoking that didnt stop once on campus. I stopped at my favored spot under some small trees and finished the bowl and felt all the worry drop away. Anyone else ever experience something like this?

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
HAHA i try for it every time mate! (doesn't always work out though!)

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Lately it's been a lot of butting heads with my business partner, arguing with the woman, and generally getting grief from the rest of humanity. It is in my pipe that I find the quiet moments that help me keep it all in perspective, that soothe over the rough spots and make facing them all again bearable.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
i get to sit and watch my body fall appart. joints seize up and swell, pain sweep over me.
my pipes n tobacco are the only refuge i have other than my wife's love...

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
A bowlfull of great tobacco is a godsend occasionally.
It always relaxes me. One time so much I fell asleep and set my shirt on fire.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Lately it's been a lot of butting heads with my business partner, arguing with the woman, and generally getting grief from the rest of humanity. It is in my pipe that I find the quiet moments that help me keep it all in perspective, that soothe over the rough spots and make facing them all again bearable.
I can't sum up my situation any better than this.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Yes, yes, yes.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Punkpiper... Nothing like the reward of DGT (Delayed Gratification Technique), be it intentional or not.

All you can do is to set yourself up for that perfect smoke, the rest is ineffable.
One of my most consistently beautiful smokes was when I was stationed at Kaneohe Marie Corps Air Station on the windward side of Oahu.

I would walk down to Pyramid Rock (a beach onboard the base) in the wee hours of the morning, and find that comfortable, special, and perfect rock to perch upon in seclusion... Light up a bowl of 1Q in my Ben Wade Calabash, and listen to the trade winds and the waves... (Even on moonless nights you could see by the star light. Tommy can tell you about the stars in the Hawaiian sky.) Until the MP's would come to see what I was smoking, that is... After a while, they didn't bother me any more.

I think they understood why I was there.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Yes, yes, yes.
You guys mind if I jump on your bandwagon ?

I'm down here losing my freaking mind dealing with people who never should have been in my life to begin with.

@Punkpiper - Congrats, thats a great feeling, that only a pipe will give.

@Romeowood - Dave Ramsey says "The only ship that doesn't sail, is a Partnership"

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
You're giong to think this is weird but here goes...WhenI was young and just starting to smoke pipes.I lived across the street from a cemetary.It had a small lake in the center of it and a lot of trees.Early on Sunday mornings during the summer I would take a cup of coffee, sit by that lake and smoke my pipe.There were squirrels playing,ducks on the water,and birds singing.It was one of the most beautiful,and peaceful places I've ever been.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
if anything puffy, I welcome that. my girlfriend would most likely come sit with me since we both find our solace among the silent tombs.

rick777

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
I know I have had my "zen" moments in numerous places of beauty.
Years ago I read an article/interview about Albert Einstein where he claimed pipe smoking helped him think and perhaps even live longer. In the article on the main page of this site called "don't blame tobacco - blame biology" there is a quote from the Surgeon general. It says that pipe smokers can live just as long or 20% longer than non smokers. (See article for exact quote)
I think punkpiper's post is an example of why we will all live happier and longer!

maduroman

May 15, 2010
oh yes it is, misterrogers.... i have an agresive form of rhumatoid arthritus so my pipes n tobacco are a refuge i need. even the warden who hates smoking does not complain about it.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
As another aside to this, I had a slightly stressful time trying and failing to find something as a favor for my sister in town. I had been walking about having a bowl of special reserve, but then on a whime I got a pouch of alsbo black and a pipe shield for when I take walks in the countryside back home. I've been sat here listening to Blue Oyster Cult smoking it in the cob and it just completely helped perk me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.