PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Roasted groundhog. That sounds pretty good actually.

I'm thinking it probably tastes like rabbit?

Down in South America they have an animal similar to the groundhog. I can't remember the actual name. But, it's a regular part of their diet. Very popular.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Really any kind of soup in the crock pot. Split Pea is probably my favorite. Nothing better than coming home from a long day, shivering and shaking off the cold, and popping open the crock that's been slow-cooking for 12 hours

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
You're describing perfect New England clam chowder weather, lots of heavy cream and topped with some roasted garlic.

This time of year I like to break out (and apart) the pumpkins. This weekend I made us a Masoor Dal (pink lentils with pumpkin chunks, spices, tomatoes, ginger, and lots of garlic) over basmati rice. I also cheat and top it with crumbled Cotija cheese. It's like a warm blanket umami bomb.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Roasted groundhog. That sounds pretty good actually.
Whistle pigs are disgusting around here. They love eating trash, and their main source of food on our ranch is wiring harnesses, which are not cheap to replace. I'd eat a racoon before a wood chuck. At least racoons wash their food.

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
Whistle pigs are disgusting around here. They love eating trash, and their main source of food on our ranch is wiring harnesses, which are not cheap to replace. I'd eat a racoon before a wood chuck. At least racoons wash their food.
The best thing to do with a groundhog, is kill it slowly, and then put its head on pike.. as a warning to others.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Sounds like it’s time for a big pot of Ham and Beans. Two jars of Northern Beans, one half pound of bacon, one pound of cubed Ham, one Onion chopped fine, a couple splashes of Liquid Smoke, then add Salt and Pepper. Cook the bacon in the pot first, once it’s crispy, add the beans and stir in the bacon grease into the bean liquid. Then add the rest of the ingredients, but go easy on the salt until later, as both the bacon and the ham contain quite a bit of salt. Simmer for 4-6 hours then taste check and adjust with more salt and pepper as needed, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.