PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Would anybody express an area of specialits knowledge or enthusiasm for other members to know? I am sure some of the long time members already know who is who but for newbies like myself.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I believe he's asking which of the members are pretty much recognized by their peers as being extremely knowledgeable in the areas of pipes, tobaccos, etc. In other words, which members do the others turn to for information and instruction.
Tough question to answer in a public forum. Should be an interesting thread if it really gets going.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Interesting question. In terms of members here, this short list [in no particular order] consists of those who've been at this hobby a long time (some for several decades) and so are IMHO definitely worth paying attention to:
tbradsim1

ravkesef

foggymountain

cigrmaster

ejames
Mind you - I am sure I am leaving some out. And this is not to say that I haven't learned a lot from other members here as well.

Dec 24, 2012
I am a renowned expert on surface chemistry and surfactant background to the design and technical developments of biodegradable rinse cycle and dryer sheet fabric softener formulations for the global consumer and industrial marketplaces.
I prefer Fleecy.
Fire away with your questions.

Dec 24, 2012
In all seriousness though, I think it depends upon the area of expertise you are looking for. We have a bunch of guys who are quite knowledgeable on different aspects of the hobby. If I had a Barling question I would go to Sablebrush. If I had a question about whether gonorrhoea could be transmitted through the intimate sharing of corncob pipes, then cigrmaster would be the guy. It just depends on the question.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I once helped plant tobacco by hand on a rainy day,but I don't know anything at all about blending tobacco.I know quite a bit about cheese burgers though.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
owen, throwing the question out there for everyone, and seeing who answers works pretty well. After all, what you like is far more important than what you're 'supposed' to like.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
On biological factors in tobacco aging, it's kashmir, PhD in microbiology, who has spent time researching the topic.

On all things meerschaum, Fred (Bass)

On clandestine PipesMagazine.com merchandizing, Cortez

On unremitting ball-busting, peckinpahhombre :rofl:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I am a renowned expert on surface chemistry and surfactant background to the design and technical developments of biodegradable rinse cycle and dryer sheet fabric softener formulations for the global consumer and industrial marketplaces.
I prefer Fleecy.
Fire away with your questions.
For the second time in the last couple of days I've come on here and got a good laugh! Thank you! I mean that.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
If I had a question about whether gonorrhoea could be transmitted through the intimate sharing of corncob pipes, then cigrmaster would be the guy.
I'm hurt ... I really thought I was becoming the "goto" guy on this one! :mrgreen:
As some have mentioned, it really depends upon the info you are seeking.

It has been proven, time and again, that our group here can discuss and debate

nearly any topic brought forth. Many opinions are expressed and it is up to you

to pick out the "Jewels of Truth".

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Let me put it this way once I find out they have something to sell I no longer read their posts or trust their comments . Oh you would be surprised or ,maybe you would not . :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No one stands when I enter the room, so draw your own conclusions. But if you want to buy new pipes at

low prices, beyond the standard recommended brands, I can steer you that way. I'm limited to briars in this

regard. Everyone already knows about and values MM and OD cobs. I'm also one resident iconoclast and

contrarian -- don't build cake, don't ream, and assume a great smoke is possible from a pipe at the $100,

$70, $50 and below price level. While I can still appreciate handmade pipes costing into the thousands.

It's a great comfort not to be among the chosen. No responsibility.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Good question! A lot of great responses. :clap:
I'm still fairly new to the hobby, and to this forum. But I can tell you, that if you spend some serious time on here and research your questions through the search option, read enough threads and the responses, you will see who the most knowledgeable of the members are. And, as stated above.. it depends on the question/subject.
Without question,IMO, this the the optimal place for Pipe and Tobacco information. The answers to your questions are most likely here, you just have to find it... or if your in a hurry, just ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.