PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
While a couple of glasses of wine can help clear the mind after a busy day, new research shows that it may actually help clean the mind as well. The new study, which appears in the journal Scientific Reports, shows that low levels of alcohol consumption tamp down inflammation and helps the brain clear away toxins, including those associated with Alzheimer's disease.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-02-wine-health-alcohol-good-brain.html
Sounds like fancy medical researcher talk for "kills the weak brain cells."

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
While working at a nuclear plant refit we were encouraged to drink a six pack after work as a way to flush a certain radiation from our bodies. The rationale was if they told us to drink six or eight glasses of water we wouldn't bother :mrgreen:

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
Evolution. The weak cells go by the wayside while the hearty and strong survive! Drink Up!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...is there a part about how it only works if you drink it/them with a nice bowl of pipe tobacco?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
... my wife from way north of St. Louis, where Budweiser started, notes that the quality of its flavor varies with the source of its water. I think it's now owned by the Europeans, maybe the Dutch, but the water is specific to the locations of breweries. My favorite is the long defunct Chicago beer Meister Brau, kind of hoppy but without being the least bit sweet. Sold in big bottles, and later in cans, and finally extinct. Always working man's prices. I like some of the local craft beers, but that was a craft beer, just not how we think of them today. Distinctive and way pleasing.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
low levels I always wondered what that meant !? here in Romania if you don't drink you're the odd fellow. In a country where drinking is the norm, where plum brandy, wine and beer has been branded in the local populous DNA, narrowing down to "low levels" is taboo. Come to think of it though .. I never met anybody around here who drank and died from Alzheimer's. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.